• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recommendation for 100 cm Euro Speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Demir

Feb 4, 2005
I want to buy 100 cm length euro speargun and I need your recommendations about this. Which one is the best for 100 cm length for you?
Greetings, Demir

If you are spearfishing in the Mediterranean and if you are not considering buying a wooden or carbon fibre gun, the best choice IMO is Seatec Gabbiano Elite. I bought it a few months ago and I am very impressed by its performance.
Very light-weight and manouvreable but still powerfull and accurate.
A bit pricey though, but I think Mikko and Dave (both DB members) can make you a good deal on this gun.

personally i used OMER guns and i think excalibur range is very good guns and Alluminium is the best if you have the cash.

But if i was aware of the Gabbiano that time i definately would reconsider my choices...

Demir, Izmirder Levent Gözen diye bir arkadaş güzel zıpkınlar yapıyor. Ben her nekadar kullanmadıysamda burda kullanan arkadaşlar var ve sanırım memnunlar. Fiyatları yabancılara göre daha uygun olabilir istersen bir şansını dene.

Thank you GALADION, I am thinking on this gun (Seatec Gabbiano Elite) too, but I am also interested in Pathos. If you compare these two guns. Which one has more advantages.

Murat kardeşim teşekkürler iki Tüfek arasında kaldın Seatec ve Pathos. Önerin var mı?

Demir
Pathos is a good gun but you cannot compare it with Gabbiano which is much more sophisticated.
The new Pathos Open though, is very improved, having a full length rail, 30mm barrel and open muzzle with double 16mm bands but I am not sure that you can find it in your country as it is hard to find even here in Greece.
If you ever get hold of it don't get the pathos reel because it is not very reliable (yet).
However Gabbiano IMO, is a gun only surrpassed by carbon fibre (not all of them) and wooden guns.

Last edited:
Dobs, thenk you for your recommendation. I saw the gun and It really looks great. But I dont know If I can find it in Turkey. Do have information about the price of this gun? :thankyou

Hi Demir,
The price of this gun on the Italian websites is 137 euro for 95 cm, 139.90 euro for 105 cm and 145 euro for 115 cm. I think that this website http://www.tuttopescamare.com/catalogo/articoli.asp?codice=XFILE ships to Turkey. You can write them an e-mail and ask for information. They seem to be nice people and they do speak English. I wrote to them several times and they answered pretty fast.
Hope this helps.

Dobs, thanks a lot again, but the price increases in the duty because of the taxes so I dont think to buy a speargun from abroad. Thank you...

Shipping from Tuttupesca seems to be very expensive.
Thats one of the reasons that I never bought stuff from them.

demir
i suggest you before you buy a gun test the handle .put the head on a chair don't grap just fell and turn left and right if you fell there is no gun in your head it means you will be happy when you are bottom.tree things makes a gun perfect a good inox spear,very soft trigger and latex and ofcourse a durable rell and i offer you use polymaid 1.3 mm rope if you ask why 70 meters you can use on picasso or omer or others for big fish i am on working 100 meters to put on a reel if i do i ll inform you
i know it is not answer your que but never forget there is not a good spaeargun in the world there is the baby you created think on it and made of by yourself.
i sugest you use very soft trigger like picasso or others and use very soft but strong latex and very durable inox.
ask galadion when i was in rodos/greece 2 years ago i had seen demika or demka .it was very cheap there.i remember moveable head and very fine inox spear has.

Last edited:
Demir, i did not used neither pathos or seatec but what Gladion says makes a lot of sense and i also think the same way.

For the shaft and band config i suggest you 6.25 shaft with omer 18 or 6.5mm with 20-21mm.

New TRB open head. It was designed to allow use of the new Seatec shark fin tab spears
cheers
dave
www.spearo.co.uk

Attachments

• gab open.jpg
    gab open.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 318
thanks dave,

thats looks good. Do you have closer picture of that muzzle. I can not clearly see the line passages etc..

Are those new muzzles perform better than old ones? Bands are still diagonal or parallel?

Can you use that muzzle for double bands?

edit: what is the difference between "extreme" notched spears and shark fin spears in material wise? Why they need to make shark fin spears?

Last edited:
Some more pictures.
The new muzzle is not better than the closed one, just different. Both are available. The only difference is that the standard muzzle has a closed section to hold the spear in place, whilst the open version uses the shooting line
The section the bands screw into is removable, and can be replaced by one which takes double bands (it takes about 5 seconds with no tools to do this)
The shark fin spears are made from the same 17-4ph stainless as the extreme spears, and have the same streamlined barbs. They were developed for the big game market, and for divers who prefer to use cord wishbones
cheers
dave

Attachments

• gab1.jpg
    gab1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 211
  • gab2.jpg
    gab2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 321
  • gab3.jpg
    gab3.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 313
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT