• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Recommended Caribbean dive locations?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jason Billows

Sep 17, 2002
My wife and I are trying to make some vacation plans for late July. We really need a break and are thinking about an all-inclusive resort somewhere in the Caribbean, but we would love to do some freediving while away.

Can anyone suggest a good Caribbean freedive location with all-inclusive resorts nearby? We'd love shore access dives, but would be happy hitching a ride aboard some scuba charters.

We know Grand Cayman would be ideal and would love to go, but I think it would be a little too pricey for us.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jason

Jason Billows said:
My wife and I are trying to make some vacation plans for late July. We really need a break and are thinking about an all-inclusive resort somewhere in the Caribbean, but we would love to do some freediving while away.

Can anyone suggest a good Caribbean freedive location with all-inclusive resorts nearby? We'd love shore access dives, but would be happy hitching a ride aboard some scuba charters.

We know Grand Cayman would be ideal and would love to go, but I think it would be a little too pricey for us.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jason

Cayman is expensive, (eating out, diving, and hotels).. however, you can rent homes in Cayman for the summer... and freediving in Cayman is ideal because of the calm conditions.

A lot of the cheaper hotels were wrecked in Hurricane Ivan....but if you visit www.caymanislands.ky you should be able to see what's available within the price range you want.

I worked in Cayman for 15 months, there is a large freediving community there.. and i know that some resorts have knocked prices to encourage people back after the hurricane.

Hi Island Sands,

Thanks for the info. I have checked out Sunset House in Cayman, but don`t know if it`ll be within our budget. I`ll have to see.

Cheers.

Jason

Jason Billows said:
Hi Island Sands,

Thanks for the info. I have checked out Sunset House in Cayman, but don`t know if it`ll be within our budget. I`ll have to see.

Cheers.

Jason

Their dive shop is run by Erica.. quite a good operation and they have a great freediving location just out front.
Good choice! its also near to a nice cove for swimming (Smith's Cove).

Have a great time! Drink a few beers at the Lonestar for me! I had many a wild and woolly night there. ;)

Try St. Croix, USVI. nonstop flights daily. Wall diving along the north shore. Very resonably priced. The other USVI and BVI's close by.
Travis

Try St. Croix, USVI. Wall diving right off beach at Cane Bay. Close to other USVI and BVI's.
Travis

Jason,

If you're not looking to spearfish, check out Bonaire. The whole island is set up for beach diving with explanation guides, maps, and parking areas everywhere. Plus, I believe everything over there is very reasonably priced. There a few other cool things to do while on the island too. You can also do boat diving and travel over to a small adjacent island that had plenty of big sealift to see.

Scott

I'd Have to second St Croix, the wall off Cane Bay is great, Carambola resort is less than a mile away!

Not to mention that St. John/Thomas are less than 40 miles away or 1/2 hr by sea plane at reasonable prices. If you go dont miss Virgin Gorda its GREAT!

Anthony

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT