• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Reel for Cressi Carbon....

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Crispin

Spearfisherman ;=- --->
Sep 14, 2001
Guys,

Anyone have a source for a reel for a cressi carbon (Apache).....

Thanks

Crispin

Dunno about Cressi, have you tried their homepage or www.diveinn.com I have a reel for a beauchat dunno if that would fit?
On the subject of reels do you like useing them round the UK? how do you go about it? Just curious (read my post in Stories 'scare of my life!')

For is far is i know Cressi doesn't have carbon fins...
Hope they will make them soon!

:waterworkkke

ickledevil,

I read your post with interest, I don't want to preach or tell you what I think is best or what you should have done - thats up to you, and everyone makes their own calls and deals with situations in their own way...I know how I deal with these types of situations too, but as I said i'm not going to judge or preach - i'm just glad you made it back ok :)

As for a reel, I would use it as I would anywhere, if you shoot a fish, and it takes off, and it's big, then let some line out, or if it makes for a hole, head for the surface and let some line out, then breath up and go down after the little critter....And as for getting tangled....the only hint I would give you is this...Unless you are wound up like a mummy, or are tangled to the bottom or some other fixed object, are you still not able (in 99%) of situations to do monofin style kick with your stereo fins.....?

Dive Safe boys and girls!

Oh, and if you see a 30lb Bass looking a bit cheesed off with a spear sticking out of it - that'll be my one that got away ;)

Tell me about it...
I know I di many wrong things that day and should have been calmer etc etc, but I panicked what can I say, it was my first brush with a possible accident, mind you I wouldnt make the same mistakes again, I just hope that some other people learn from mine! :t

Yup - just glad you made it back :) Everyone has to learn these things as they go...take me for example - I put my Cressi Garas on 50 yds from the waters edge once, on my way to the water I ate sand with every step, and nearly impailed myself as well!!!!! And damn right to post your experiences - there is little enough freedive / spearfish info on the web as it is, keep sharing and learning!! I know I will!!

Ooooooo dear.....
Walking in fins!:duh
I dont feel quite so bad now! Dont suppose you tried walking backwards either did you!
:p
Joe

Iv'e been bodyboarding for over ten years so you would have thought I would have known this - but OH NO Crispin wants to impress the ladies, so promptly goes Ar5e over t1t into the sand whilst almost giving himself a Cressi Sub enema!
Good job I wasn't wearing my c4's thats all I can say!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT