• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Reel for JBL Gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

CMOST

Feb 28, 2009
I'm looking to add a reel to my JBL Woody Sawed Off Magnum. I know that they make one for the gun. My question is has anyone put a fly fishing reel on their gun? If so what did you use to mount it? I haven't priced fly fishing reels but my guess is that they will be cheaper. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Craig,

I have been toying with the same idea of using a fly reel. I have a bunch of cheapo's I have accumulated. I think attachment would be straightforward. My concern is that all the ones I have checked have some non-Stainless Steel parts in them that would probably rust fast. Still looking to see if I have an all plastic one. Even if not, I think I will try one of the old pFlueger or an old Cabelas (which is mostly plastic). Not much to loose with them. I will rinse them well with freshwater after each use, and I will be sure to check the freespin each time before I shoot a fish.

Please let me know if you have any break throughs. I also live near a major flyline manufacturer - RIO. I want to approach them and see if they can't make a spearo floatline that is bit less bulky than the current plastic tube ones.

Good luck. -Mark

PS: Like the Cfish logo

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT