• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

removing plastic

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

christinelarimore

Mar 1, 2021
anyone know how to get a scuba club involved as volunteers to help remove plastic? excited to incorporate a dive trip.. with a wonderful use of us for conservation

My diving club is on MeetUp. Evergreen organizes a beach cleanup annual event (before the pandemic). You could attempt something similar with plastic, especially if you could get a dive shop or club interested. This could involve a dive boat if you are going into deeper water.

Reactions: christinelarimore
My diving club is on MeetUp. Evergreen organizes a beach cleanup annual event (before the pandemic). You could attempt something similar with plastic, especially if you could get a dive shop or club interested. This could involve a dive boat if you are going into deeper water.
How do I get in touch with someone at evergreen? Scuba divers could clean up waters edge to..however deep and bring garbage to the shore line

This is the Evergreen Meetup:

The dive shop is in Everett on Evergreen Way

You can join Meetup for free. Your Profile with
them does not require filling out the "bio"
(mine is blank). You do not need to indicate
all of your "Interests" in the Profile if you
are concerned with receiving too much email from Meetup. I advise being selective in which of
your email addresses you give them, or start a new one. I never had a problem with Meetup.

To contact Evergreen Dive Service directly. You could ask to speak to Adria Ali at the dive shop to inquire about any Shore Dive/Beach Clean Up that might be planned. They did one at Kayak Point some time ago:(https://snohomishcountywa.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Kayak-Point-Regional-County-Park-51)

To talk to Adria call (425) 512-XXX at the dive shop Tuesday thru Saturday 10 am - 6 pm. They are closed Sunday and Monday. If you want, you could mention that you corresponded with Charles on Deeper Blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post telephone numbers or email addresses on the open forum - it attracts spammers and scammers. Please use the private Conversation feature instead ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT