• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Repairing Omer Cayman video

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ron Bakker

Rons Sea Corner
Nov 5, 2004
Hi all
Long time not posting. Good to see plenty of the old time posters still here. Hey I have uploaded a video of the Omer cayman changing the attachment point at the handle for those who are interested.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZonumBuhA]YouTube - Repairing Omer Cayman speargun[/ame]

Nice fix mate, works on the Airbalete as well.

Cheers, Don Paul

Attachments

• IMG_2190.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 164
nice job mate
i really like your vids & tips
cheers

Thanks guys, hey Paul that hand piece deserve a place on the mantlepiece when not in use

Thanks for the video Ron, I love the Cayman 90, I am on my second - lost the first to Neptune...

I had always kidded myself that the black loop on the pistol grip was metal!! Now I know different, I will be doing your mod, but maybe with a SS hoop instead.

good video Ron, just got myself a 130 and broke the line holder bit with a small pull on it. Goodness knows why they made them so crappy!

Yeah I think Omer must of had a fashion designer accidentally sneak into the engineers room when they came up with the concept.

Reactions: Don Paul
Yeah I think Omer must of had a fashion designer accidentally sneak into the engineers room when they came up with the concept.

rofl At least my jade kiwi hook adds ballast weight to trim the handle... along with a icon to bring back memories of adventures past.

Cheers, Don

I am just getting into Spearfishing and am thinking of buying an Omer Cayman @ 100/110cm. Can anyone who has some experience with this gun provide some feed back?

From sunny Australia,

Chris.

I am just getting into Spearfishing and am thinking of buying an Omer Cayman @ 100/110cm. Can anyone who has some experience with this gun provide some feed back?

From sunny Australia,

Chris.

Hi Sunny
I have done a review here on the gun, I have also used the Omer cayman hf 95cm which took me a little getting use to but then I found it to be accurate, and quite powerful for it's length.

hay Ron, by drilling the holes in the handle would it fill up with water slowly and muck up the weighting of the gun? I presume no water gets in now??(without modificaton)

hay Ron, by drilling the holes in the handle would it fill up with water slowly and muck up the weighting of the gun? I presume no water gets in now??(without modificaton)
Hi Mike
The handle is not watertight and fills up with water when submersed even before the gun is modified.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…