• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Replacement shaft

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Freshwaterspearo

Aug 6, 2019
So I'm looking to get an extra shaft for my speargun just to be prepared for that one day that I either lose or bend/break the one that I have. I have a mares bandit 75cm, it uses a 7mm tahitian flopper shaft with shark fins. I'm just curious on if for getting an extra shaft I need to get one specifically for my gun? Or if I can get a shaft of the same type by a different manufacturer? Any help is much appreciated.

You can pretty much get a generic shaft that will fit your gun. Watch for the type of shaft end, it should be either euro style or north-american. Then with euro-styled shaft ends also watch for flat wings, you need those if your gun is closed-muzzle type. Those wings work as a slider stop. Then, of course diameter, length, and whether it is threaded or with flopper. Thread diameter if it is threaded, but this is not critical, you can get an adapter. This is on top of them shafts being either notched or shark-finned. And finally, steel type and coating. I am shopping for a replacement shaft right now, it is tricky, with all the abundance of different types there is usually one or two sometimes none on different websites.

Thanks for the reply. I'm fairly new to spearfishing so I'm sorry for my misunderstanding with the types, but what is a closed muzzel type? Also euro and flat wing?

this one, for example is for closed-muzzle type, with flattened part (wings) and runner already included.
1566337226802.png

this one is euro style, I am talking the end of shaft that is inserted into the trigger mechanism. This particular shaft is also notched, as opposite to having shark fins.
1566337407299.png

and american style, also shark finned
1566337458761.png

clear as mud?

I'd say murky water haha. Thank you for the explanation and the images it was very helpful. It'll take me a little while to pick up on all this. I believe mine is euro style.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT