• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Reposting Cressi Gara 3000 footpocket question

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

alexrom1207

Nov 28, 2007
REPOSTED FROM FREEDIVING EQUIPMENT FORUM

I recently bought a pair of gara 3000s off line and the size was too big (plus they were a bit narrow) I then went to a dive shop and they only had gara 2000s. I tried a pair that was one size smaller and they fit perfectly. I know there are a LOT of threads on these fins, and I'm sorry to add another one but I've searched and cannot find an answer to this question. I need to know if the footpocket on the gara 2000s is the same as on the 3000s. I have to exchange the 3000s and I'd like to just get the size smaller. If any of you have tried on these two fins and know from experience if there is any difference between the footpockets, I'd appreciate any feedback you could give me.
--Alex--

i believe they are both having the same footpocket..but there is a difference in the blade between the 3000 and the 2000, especially if your 3000 is the LD version..the 2000 is much stiffer then the LD

Same footpocket. As for stiffness:
Gara 2000: the stiffest of the three
Gara 3000: between medium and high stiffness
Gara 3000 LD: between soft to medium stiffness
You'll find the 2000 sold at significantly cheaper prices than the others, but this doesn't mean it's poor quality. The 2000 is being sold cheaper only because it's an older model that will be discontinued and replaced by the new Gara Professional, coming in shops from April.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…