• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Results for great northern 2011 comp?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Simos

Feb 15, 2009
Anyone's got them or know where to get them from?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey boys and girls,
Few links for the Great Northern Dive comp, fotos and videos. Im sure The results will be up on a thread soon enough, was a great weekend with some spirited performances.

Liv Philip 111M Dynamic
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS9rmfVYXOs]YouTube - Liv Philip Breaks UK Freediving Record in Dynamic Apnea 111 Meters, No-fins 2011[/ame]

Dave King 226M Dynamic
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSNSIGxtQwA]YouTube - Dave King 226M dynamic Uk Record. The Great Northern Freediveing Comp 2011[/ame]

Foto slide show
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7jbbJ3snw]YouTube - Great Northern Freedive Comp 2011[/ame]

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=338339&id=653461456

Last edited:
Hi Simos, the videos are in with the UK AIDA National for ratification for two potential NR's, impressive ones at that!

As soon as that is done i'll be posting the results to AIDA so its all official and i'll post them here for you buddy

Thanks for the update Steve, will be great to see the results for us poor souls that missed out on a great comp :) I'm seeing Sam tonight, I'll give him a nudge lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Great dives for Dave and Liv, congratulations! :)

Concerning that clean and, in every way, fair 226 m DYN, according to the current AIDA rules, it should have been a red card. If you look at the video, you can see that Dave's coach was touching him for a couple of seconds after the official top.

"6.1.7:
A partner (captain/coach) is authorized to monitor and supervise the athlete's warm-up and performance. He/she may assist the athlete in the 2 official zones. From OT the partner may verbally coach the athlete but is no longer authorized to touch the athlete. If the partner touches the athlete before he/she is released from the performance by the judges the athlete will be disqualified."

I think that Dave's dive is perfectly okay and should be a school book example of a white card dive. Unfortunately, we still have a couple of stupid rules. It would be much more logical if the bold part of the rule was changed to "The partner is allowed to touch the athlete until the athlete's airways submerge." I have posted about this issue before (here), but the rule is still alive and continues to give people red cards for absolutely no reason.

Last edited:
I gave Trux the data combined over the two days for the ranking. I'll send you the individual days data later John. From memory it puts you 3rd highest ranking ever in the Uk.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cheers for posting Trux,
I came 7th.. woo hoo!!
Big thanks to Steve and all the helpers again. Well done all.
Dave

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT