• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Retreat Yoga

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dharminder

Feb 23, 2009
Retreat Yoga

Yoga and Meditation in India is classified into various types. These are Bhakti Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Mantra Yoga, Purna Yoga and Raj Yoga. These types serve different purposes. Bhakti Yoga stresses on love and devotion. Hatha Yoga represents an easy yoga style. Jnana Yoga emphasizes the use of mind to exceed the mind. Karma Yoga involves selfless action and service. Kundalini Yoga comprises the use of sexual experience for enlighten and knowledge. In Mantra Yoga the person has to chant words till the mind and emotions are transcended. Purna Yoga stresses on the significance of Karma in daily life. Raja Yoga offers a solution for complete and holistic healing. Some of the different Yoga Poses are Adho Mukha, Ardha Sarvangasana, Bhujangasana, Janu Shirshasana, Savasana, Setubandhasana, Sukhasana, Tadasana, Trikonasana, Uttanasana and Virabhadrasana. The various benefits of Yoga are Anti Aging, Balance, Flexibility, Personal Values, Love and Mental health, Social Values, Strength, Beauty, Healing, Sex, Knowledge and
Weight Reduction. To achieve a particular benefit, certain sets of Yoga asanas are advocated. Meditation is an old method of using the mind-body relationship to attain specific developmental aims. The various types are Upward, Downward, Mind-Centered, Heart-Centered, Monastic, In-life, Observer, Lover, Passive, Active, Fantasy-based, Reality-based, Trance, Awakening, Denial, Inclusive, Religious and Heart-Centered.

Hi
this is very interesting and I was wondering from long time to speak abouth Yoga.I heard about special benefits the people have doing Yoga. But now that I read this thread I'm a bit confused.There are so many different Yoga classes but wichone is the best to do for someone that is doing freediving and needs to improve his apnea (breath hold)? I know if you are good to control your heartbeat longer is the time that you can stay under the water. What abouth Pranayama is Yoga or it's different kind of exercise and doesn't involve Yoga?

Reactions: Mr. X
Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT