• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Riffe Euro Shafts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dustin

Aug 15, 2002
Do the riffe euro shafts with the fin tabs fit in rob allens and rabitechs? Are any of you using this setup?

Dustin

hi

I think there is a thread a while back about this someone might be able to tell you what it was called. But one of my mates has a riffe euro shaft with smaller tabs and it works well in his railgun.

cheers

Yeah, I bought a Riffe Euro shaft for my RA a while back.
First shot into a rock bent it, but not before I had the dynema cut through by sharp edges on the fin tabs. Dodgy work those. More careful inspection revealed that the fin were just welds with an angle grinder cut to make a slot for the line. The resultant edge cut through dynema, kevlar and (after a bit) wire bridles. Lucky I had the raw materials to experiment with.:hmm

Unless you find a well made shaft with well machined tabs give it a miss and stick to the RA shafts. They are a lot tougher!

hi

Yeah the Ra shafts are pretty good, I thought the Riffe shafts were better steel eg 17-4ph spring. Maybe not.

cheers

I have a few of the riffe euro shafts and I ended up filing the notches so that they were as smooth as Sven. :D Aquiles, being in Dental school, had all the tools, but you can find a diamond file and have at it, too. My Dynema holds up much better now. :cool:

Later,
A

PS, and yes, the riffe shaft works well in the RA mech.

If the RA shaft is the corroding special steel type, it might be stronger than 17-4 cause stainless steel is softer even in good alloy like 17-4. It is just that rust look dirty.

I never try any Riffe euro shaft but with knifes u can tell the mettalurgy quality.

Try and look into the rabitech shafts. They are an exact copy of the rob allen shafts and they are indestructable. I have shot a rabitech shaft point blank though a mutton snapper right into a rock and i barely dulled it. I don't know what steel they use but, its good stuff. Just a suggestion..

Aquiles

hi

Aquiles Im currently using A Rabitech spear in My ra 110 so far so good.

cheers

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT