• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Riffe Euro vs. Hatch Ulua

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tbo

Nov 23, 2017
Hey guys, I'm from Hawaii and I'm upgrading from my railgun to a wooden gun and am trying to decide between the riffe Euro and the hatch ulua series, both in 110 cm lengths. I can get the riffe locally from a shop for around $500. I would have to order the hatch and it would take around 2 weeks for building and shipping and it would also be $500. Just looking for your guys opinions on these two guns. Thanks!

I know nothing about the Hatch but I have friends who seem to like their Riffe Euros. And that includes some who have always used larger mid handled guns. I live about three miles from the Riffe plant and recently saw the new Marauder series. They look really nice but they cost a lot more than the regular Euro models and maybe would be overkill unless you wanted one of the longer models.

Sorry I can’t speak from personal experience but this is the best I can offer.

Thanks, I ended up getting a riffe euro awhile ago, I love it,.

I've had my Riffe Euro 110 for 13 years now. I've also owned a couple of other guns, notably a Daryl Wong hybrid. I have evolved away from a power boat to kayak diving... in the reefs, its not about having a big gun, rather about positioning so I'm never shooting into rocks. I find the smaller Riffe Euro easier to manage from the kayak and around reefs... faster to load, and I like the speedier small-diameter shaft. I also like that it is easy to rebuild, and Riffe parts are always available. I'm a fan of Riffe gear, and of Team Riffe for what they give back to the community.

Reactions: flaco
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT