• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

riffe euro90x with 2. x 14 mm band range

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Dave_spearo

Dec 25, 2010
I have riffe e90x with 2 x 16 mm band.
I want to change to 14 mm band because I have difficulty loading this gun (chest or hipload). My gun can accept 3x14 mm band. If I only use 2x14 mm band how far is effective shooting range ?
I only reefhunting

It should be about the same as the setup you are using. I use 2 X 14 on a Rob Allen with 7 mm shaft and it works great. The wood rail in the Riffe slows the spear down, but not by all that much.

It should be about the same as the setup you are using.
so If I downgrade from 2x16 mm bands to 2x 14 mm bands It would'n reduce its effective shooting range, maybe It will only It's punching power ?
According to riffe's website if I use 2x 16 mm band, euro90x have effective shooting range 18'
My shaft is 6.75 mm

Last edited:
You can in principle compare the power of the bands relative to their cross section - if the slings are the same length.

I have used 3x14mm (I made them a little shorter than the 16mm) on mine Euro90T with a 7.1 mm spear. That's very powerful - I have managed to bend the spear hitting a rock.

I think you will find 2 slightly shorter 14mm slings quite powerful. You can always add the third one if you need it for some type of fish or hunting conditions.

Jégwan

You can in principle compare the power of the bands relative to their cross section - if the slings are the same length.

I have used 3x14mm (I made them a little shorter than the 16mm) on mine Euro90T with a 7.1 mm spear. That's very powerful - I have managed to bend the spear hitting a rock.

I think you will find 2 slightly shorter 14mm slings quite powerful. You can always add the third one if you need it for some type of fish or hunting conditions.

Jégwan

Jégwan

Yesterday I eventualy replaced my gun bands to 3 x 14 mm. Now I can easily load my gun. :)
The new band seems to be more softer than the old one, I bough it from Riffe dealer in jakarta (the only dealer available in Indonesia). Is the band came from Riffe factory different from Riffe dealer?

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT