• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Riffe Metaltech No. 3

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pmabojala

Apr 11, 2006
Greetings Guys

I've been progressing in this sport for a couple of year now, however not as fast as I wish, cuase I can not affort to be on the water on a weekly basis...

I recently passed from an euro Cressi 75cm (customized) with, riffe hawaian euroshaft + reel + one 3/4 15 cm powerband (wich works fine to me) to a Riffe Metaltech no. 3

Initially It felt good, with the factory set up (Just added another 9/16 band). However I had to change spear shaft after spearing a 80lbs tarpoon in the carbeean..

The thing is I bought a different and heavier shaft than the factory one and I have lost accuracy considerably :confused:

Could any one recomend adecuate set up for a

9/32 hawaian flopper shaft, how many bands?
5/16 Threaded-Large Head , how many bands?

Also I aded a Front Floater wing kit looking to improve accuracy, any comments?

In summary what I'm looking is to the best accuracy and shot lenght...:)

Thanks!

For the 9/32 speed shaft go either a single 3/4" rubber or loose twin 9/16" rubbers.

On the 5/16" shaft two rubbers max, get 5/8" rubbers and make them nice and tight.

These will be very accurate because a lot of people tend to overpower their guns.

Thanks Dan..

However, when you're saying very tight that is?? 20cm?? 24cm??

For each rubber band?

Thanks...

i have used 4 5/8 bands with both shafts that you said and i have always had better luck with the hawian set up with all the combinations from 1 to 4 loaded. i put the wings on the front and it is why i think that i can use all those bands when i want to go all the way through the fish that are far away

Thanks!!

I find your comments very useful. I just added the fron wing kit and I was affraid I wouldn't get the result I expected.

What about manoeuvrability with the wings? and about power? do you feel you got more power from your bands because of the parallel allignment with the gun?

Let me know your comments, would like to know what to expect. Also, did you mount the kit yourself or factory mounted?

Slds,

Jean P

mine was an older gun that i did this to, so it wasnt fill full of foam. the factory set the wings up. if i got a new one i would make my own wings and mount them. i think the wings make the bands strech more so you end up with more power from them. i like the angled pull as it forces the shaft to stay down in the track.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT