• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Riffe vs Sea Horn vs JBL

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Motormn1841

Jul 5, 2005
Hi Guys,

i'm new to Deeper Blue and need some help. i live in Miami Fla. and started searfishing 5 months ago ( love it ). i was in the market to buy a gun and narrowed it to the three mentioned. here in Fla, everybody talks high on the Riffe, i have also heard about the Sea Horn and JBL. in a 39" size who make the better gun, i'm leaning toward a Competitor C1 39" Riffe. Also how good is this gun and would you say it's an around gun ?

Thanks Manny

Motormn

I think for Florida I would pick something longer like a Riffe C3 the water down there is quite clear. My choice for wodden guns is the Yokooji Hawaiian Skin Diver gun I think they are cheaper the riffe. Make sure to not get full by the size. Euro guns are messured based on the barel size but american guns the size is based on the total lenght of the wood stock. So a riffe C3 is similar to a euro 100.

Get the riffe (size depends on conditions/vis and what type of hunting) or a nice euro gun like rob allen or omer

Manny,

I agree with strangelove, go for a longer gun. 50" to 55" are the most popular sizes in Florida, on both coasts.

I use Daryl Wong spearguns, 50", 55" and 57.5" guns that all have enclosed tracks. They are all custom made by Daryl himself.

See www.wongspearguns.com and contact me if interested in checking them out.

Chad

Manny

The important issue is look beyond riffes, don't take me wrong, riffes are very nice guns. But there are others like Wong, kai, yokooji , etc ...(for us guns). For wooden euro guns I would look into the teak-sea (www.teak-sea.com), they are getting more affordable as the USD raises against the euro.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT