• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

rig trips

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

rigdvr

Not Available in Stores
May 28, 2002
well it looks like I will be running some freedive trips to the oil rigs of the north gulf this summer. Trying to get a feel for the serious interest out there. Trips would target red snapper, amberjack, king mackeral, african pompano, cobia, dolphin, triple tail, ect...bluewater for tuna/wahoo is not out of the question either.

What do yall think?

I will also be available for the tournament scedule in cluding the redneck, helldivers, alabama open, orange beach open, ect...

things are on a holding pattern until the first week of May for trips I put together, but anyone with a small group 2-6 divers, I know a good boat that will take you to the promised land.

rigdvr, spoken here before and always ready to travel. No one down here in the virgin islands ever wants to leave so having another person for two divers for me is tough. but am willing to dive any where at any time. any one who is interested in spearing in the clear blue waters of the virgin islands is welcome this way. almost always have access to a boat and just need to pay for the gas. blue water here is awesome right now. let me know about trips in may.

Eric, I apologize for my lack of organization but my life is crazy right now. Finals are coming in 2 weeks, my wife is 7 months pregnant and charter season is getting fired up(not to mention the 3,000 bricks in my driveway from the backyard patio project I started and the nursery Ive got to paint and setup)! Snapper season opened yesterday but it was blowing 25+ knots....still is. Thats why Im here "catching up on schoolwork" and not out on todays trip. I think my diving will be limited severely this summer but I will try to make time for a couple of trips :D

Last edited:
Hey Rig,

I still want to know...how did that silastic tubing work dude...;)

rigdvr, completely understandable. things are hectic here also. a little patiance and it will all come together sooner or later. lets just keep each other informed and it'll happen.

the tubing looks nice:D Not sure how it works as we only made 2 of 20 trips this winter due to weather....no bluewater fish all season. Cant use it rig diving unless I only want to use it once. Next blue trip wont be until June for the Helldivers rodeo....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT