• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Roast Monkfish with Rosemary and Plum

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

podge

Always Hungry
May 16, 2006
Right then my culinary brothers and sisters for this one you’ll need-
Two lumps of totally skinned monkfish, one large red plum, a few rashers of smoked bacon, and four pieces of rosemary, three or four medium sized chestnut mushrooms and veg fit for steaming.

Take some of the rosemary of the stalks and place on the fish along with a bit of crunchy sea salt, wrap the bacon around the fish and optional mixed spice over the lot.
Take your rosemary stalks and push through the bacon and monkfish so as to hold it all together.
In you roasting tray pour a little olive oil on the base and put your sliced plums on the bottom with your wrapped fish on top of this, slice the mushrooms in two and place around the rest of the tray.

Roast in a medium to hot oven for no more than 20 minutes.

Serve with steamed veg of your choice.
When you have taken the fish off of the plums you can either mash the fruit and serve as a paste or keep the slices whole it works either way.

I’d just like to add that not a single piece of pigeon went into this dish.

Couldn’t quite manage it all

Last edited:
Reactions: maytag
Sounds yummy but could you try the pix again? I don't receive them.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…