• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rob allen best sizes

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

xero_4

Apr 18, 2015
I have riffe spear gun euro120 and iam thinking i should get a second gun what do u guys think of rob allen 90 cm or i should get 120 as well ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own 2 120s and I love them very simple yet very well engineered, its bulletproof to boot.

Personally I would rather go for the 90 seeing as you already have a 120.

But it depends on what and where you are hunting. If you are planning on shooting reef fish, in or around caves, hunting in kelp or low visibility then the 90 will be more suited for this. If it is more open water hunting in or hunting in water with good visibility the 120 will be more suited.

Personally I would rather go for the 90 seeing as you already have a 120.

But it depends on what and where you are hunting. If you are planning on shooting reef fish, in or around caves, hunting in kelp or low visibility then the 90 will be more suited for this. If it is more open water hunting in or hunting in water with good visibility the 120 will be more suited.

I agree, having two different size guns allows the diver to optimize his gear to the visibility and the application. You might also take a look at the MAKO spearguns too. All parts within the trigger are stainless steel, sear, line release and trigger and we offer our guns at a Direct price! no retail middleman between the factory and the consumer..

Reactions: Apneaddict
Do you find you current 120 is sometimes too long/too bulky or unwieldy?

I used to have an RA90: robust, good quality, powerful product with good after-sales service/warranty (don't underestimate this) - but not bomb-proof in my experience and rather heavy & bulky for the relatively small fish we have in the UK. But, if you expect to deal with large fish, they would be a good choice IMHO (ditto the other railguns, such as Mako).

Stainless steel sear is normal, stainless steel line release is worthwhile IMHO (and is not standard on all railgun models), stainless steel trigger is not essential but seems like a nice touch of extra quality (but might not be quite as comfortable as a fatter plastic trigger).

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT