• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rob Allen or Rabitech

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

crusty

Aquatic Soul
Jan 20, 2005
Im going to buy a new gun and the 2 choices i have scalled it down to are a
R/A or Rabitech.
Why these two because i live in Perth Western Australia the most isolated city in the world and these are the most common guns on the market here so i can get parts etc without much stress
Plus its hot, dusty and hard on gear and these seem to be the most robust and simple guns for me to maintain.
Im thinking about a 1.2 with 2 x 16mm rubbers or 1 x 20mm.
Are there any faults with these guns apart from fireing high or low ( i can adapt ) is one better than the other ???
Im going to be spearing all types of reef fish so a good all round gun is needed ( i wont be hunting blue water )
Please dont start world war 3 as these questions tend to

Thanks Crusty

Both are excellent guns. Take the one that fits your hand better and looks nicer to you. Can not really go wrong with either one.

I'm a happy Rabitech user.

Cheers,
Mikko

I researched them heavly and ended up with the Rabitech Stealth.

Mikko is right, go with whatever is best for you and feels best in your hands. In the End i went Rabitech just because i was uncomfortable with a Simotal trigger Mech (RA uses Picasso Trigger Mech's) And i don't think anyone has had a problem with this but it kinda worried me.

Also i liked the Polymer rail on the Rabi. It's a lot more quiet then the RA's rail from what i hear. I love mine and think it's extreemly quiet.

Also the Rabi Apex seems to have the newest and best trigger mech out there. (All stainless steel parts ) although i haven't seen the new Vecta RA handel which is suposibly vastly improved over the old simotal model. I also liked the fact that the Rabi's come with a Loading stock (something that was important in my decision).

Also for sheer comfort, the Rabi stealth is where it's at (in my opinion) I love that handel. There guns track amazingly and are very light ( I have the Ali, not the Carbon and i still can track with the greatest of ease)

One neat thing i like about the RA's (from what i here on there site) is that the integrated rail adds strength to the barrell and reduced flex. I have also heard from Rabi users (Talk with Miles on this forum) that the Rabi barrells are made so well that it doesn't really matter as there pretty much just as strong (for the loads they are carrying and what you will be using it for)

Also in the Polymer rail of the Rabi, the Shaft sits deeper in the Rail, which is a neat feature.

In Short, (i'll stop ranting now) there both fantastic guns and you couldent be looking at two better guns to make your decision with. At this point it's personal preference. I'm partial to the Rabitech as i have one and love how it preforms.

-Mike

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT