• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rob Allen Scorpia or Omer Cayman HF Camu

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Joel clements

Jan 8, 2014
Hi,
I'm new to spearfishing and would really welcome some advice.
Like most new spearo's I'm trying to decide on a gun. I think I've narrowed it down to two:

Rob Allen Scorpia 80cm
Omer Cayman HF camu 90cm

I will be spearfishing mainly in Cornwall.
I would really appreciate any views or thoughts.
I know that Rob Allen guns have got very good reviews, so was wondering if anyone has used the scorpia?
Also the omer has really good reviews!! So really need some help deciding!

Cheers Joel

Hi Joel,

Any specific reason why you are looking at a 80cm in one brand and a 90cm in another?

I love my RA guns. They are simple, straightforward, no nonsense, hard wearing guns. I'd go as far to say maybe even a bit tougher than the Omer guns - not that Omer makes substandard kit, Omer makes great kit but, in this instance, I'd go for the RA.

Something to consider would be what your local dive shop stock. If they have a bias towards any specific brand then that brand may be a better choice as, although spare parts are readily available on the web, waiting 3 days for a part ordered online to be delivered where you could have just gone down to your local will be painful when dive conditions are great.

Last edited:
Hi Landshark sa,

Thank you for your advice, really appreciate it.
The only reason i was going for the 90cm Omer is that it is on sale, i would prefer an 80 really, same as the RA.
I think that the only place that stocks RA guns in the uk is a web based company called crystalvis.co.uk. But if they are a better gun then i wouldn't mind waiting for parts.

Thanks again.

I'd reccomend the RA 80cm. I've got a 1m Tomahawk(which is the same as the scorpia) and its super accurate. I can't say about the omer. I have only been using the Tomahawk +- 6years old and still shoots awesomely. Hope it was helpful

Definitely RA Scorpia Joel.
Good luck!

:)
=====================
http://spearo.republika.pl
spearfishing.gif

To be honest, the scorpia is a lower quality gun while the omer has ss mech and super accurate components, RA designs seem to be out dated to me

Not sure about that. I had this gun and I remember that the trigger was hard plastic (this is not necessarily bad, with a light setups it will do a great job).
Yes the trigger is nylon but the sear and line release and every part in the mech in ss helping in the super light trigger pill

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT