• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

For Sale Rob Allen spearguns - Crystal Vis

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Crystal Vis

Nov 15, 2013
Hi guys,

If anyone is interested in purchasing Rob Allen gear then they can do so by visiting www.crystalvis.co.uk

Crystal Vis is the exclusive UK distributor of Rob Allen spear fishing and free diving equipment. Some of you may have heard of us but it has been under new management for the past year or so.

Rob Allen spear guns are far superior to European spear guns because they were originally designed for South African waters and therefore preform best in toughest waters with the biggest fish. The guns are light, durable, with a long distance range and are extremely accurate, especially when compared to other popular brands. Our team always uses the RA carbons in Ascension Island when hunting for the world record mako or sail fish. The Rob Allen range includes the Scorpia, Aluminium and Carbon rail guns. Each gun is available in a vast range of configurations to suit every spearfishing need.

If you would like any advice about our Rob Allen products such as advice on gun configuration, rubbers, length or delivery enquiries, please contact enquiries@crystalvis.co.uk to receive a same day reply.

We are currently having work done to our website so also be sure to check it out in the new year - we have recently become the UK sole distributor of Riffe spear guns and they should be on our site in the new year.

Thanks

Jodie @ Crystal Vis
125-115-pound-sailfish-deep-water-marks .jpg
422221_307751299323325_1018641463_n.jpg
533988_10151502367330634_1591752195_n.jpg

Attachments

• tony-titus-crystalvis-dive-team.jpg
    tony-titus-crystalvis-dive-team.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 216
  • crystal vis.jpg
    crystal vis.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 192
Hi Crystal Vis,
Welcome to the forum and I might me totally off, but personally I really like that our forum most often are free of advertising like this.
I am not sure of the rules, maybe forum sponsors are allowed to post ads (which I consider yours but I don't know if you are a sponsor) or maybe they are only allowed to do so in the Marketplace section.
I do recall other users not liking this too much so, with respect, a small piece of advice - don't be surprised if this gets taken down or flamed a bit which I know is not what you want.
Perhaps dial down your tone. Make it a proper greeting and not a sales pitch.

Again, I might be in the wrong and no matter what, good luck in your endeavours. RAs are indeed nice guns.

With respect,
D.

Last edited:
I think this RA Crystal Vis post was meant for another section, but it only seems to have landed here when I checked the others. Maybe should be up one level above this one, i.e. "Spearguns & Accessories".

Yeah, I agree on that point - when I saw the topic I thought for a sec that RA might have made a pneumatic:)
Then again, maybe they want to lure us Dark Siders to back...

Personally, I still think they should dialled down the sales tone a tad, and the diss on other guns - so many spearos are quite loyal to their brands and while I don't doubt for a sec that RA are great guns, I am not so sure our Brothers in Bands wanna hear that they are stuck with lesser European guns...

Maybe it's just me - when a vendor tell me that their stuff is the best, the skeptic in me awakes and it will go hand in hand with the anarchist and research an alternative.

Again, I have nothing against RAs. For all I know, they are great guns. Just felt it was a tad pushy for what could be a first post.

Cheers,
D.

Hi chaps, the forum recognises the need for entrepreneurs but we prefer such threads to be posted in the Marketplace > Good For Sale section. Also, we like to know about new products, price cuts, etc ;)

I have moved this thread accordingly & left a re-direct that will last 1-week.

Hi X,
That makes total sense. Apologies if I came across as grumpy - this forum is so well-behaved (and managed) that I guess, I was just a bit surprised to see the "direct marketing" post in my fave nerdy section:)

Again, good luck with the RAs. Spearing has taken off big time in Denmark in the past year, so I wouldn't be surprised if you got a bit of business from there as well. Just be warned, Danes are a bunch of critical sods (takes one to know one) and people are allergic to over-selling;-). If I ever had to sell to a Dane, I'd just chill and wait for the person to do his research and then sell when he was more than ready.
Eg. walk into a shop in Denmark, and most often the shop keeper or assistant will just greet you from behind the counter and tell you to let he/she know if you need help. No walking up you trying to tell you what they think you wanna hear. Or even what they honestly believe. Not unless we ask for it. We might be weird like that and going to eg. Thailand or the US where service is out there takes some adjusting, haha.

Enough with the tales, good luck.

Reactions: foxfish
Good to hear about Denmark. One of the Scandinavian countries (Sweden?) is a bit wet about spearfishing and reputedly don't even like spearguns coming into the country. Odd as they are famous for their fish, fishing, fishing gear (Abu, Rapala, etc.), axes & knives.

BTW Rob Allen gear is very good. Most of it is heavy duty, capable of taking large pelagic fish (as shown above) - but you don't really need that for UK fish and it is rather expensive currently with the devalued £.

Last edited:
Thanks the the advice guys :) Looking back on my post I realise it was a bit over 'sales pitchy' so sorry about that! I will be sure to check out the marketplace section :)

Hi chaps, the forum recognises the need for entrepreneurs but we prefer such threads to be posted in the Marketplace > Good For Sale section. Also, we like to know about new products, price cuts, etc ;)

I have moved this thread accordingly & left a re-direct that will last 1-week.

Hi X,
Yup, Sweden it is. Our friendly rivalry in the North has the Danes thinking they are the latinos of that part of the world while Swedes are formal and live under all sorts of prohibitions;-)
That's of course only seen through the eyes (goggles?) of Danes. Sweden has a ton of stuff to be proud of and in many ways, I think they are the more tolerant and harmonious society.
But yes, spearing is indeed illegal there:-(

Not so in DK where we are even allowed to spear with torches at night - though some anglers are not too happy about that thinking that we are"blinding and stunning" the fish with our lights...

A lot of the sea trout taken in Denmark during the season is indeed taken at night. Mullets, I think mostly during the day. As I don't live there and only took out spearing after I moved away, this unfortunately is not from personal experience:-(

But working people are very happy that they are allowed to spear at night. So, they can work during the day and not only spear in weekends.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT