• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Roller gun - done!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

scallywag

Glass half full
Oct 7, 2010
P2010319.JPG
P2010320.JPG
P2010322.JPG
P2010325.JPG
P2010327.JPG
P2010328.JPG
Just thought I'd post a little preview of my finished rollergun. I've taken photos throughout the build that at some point I'll sort through and post. It's around 83cm long, made of teak with a Rob Allen spear and an Ermes trigger. All parts are home made except the trigger and spear.

That's a handsome looking gun. Beautiful! I really like the oil finish and what a nice detail with the CF track and wishbone "stopper". Great woodwork.

Have you tried to shoot it yet?

Jégwan

That's a handsome looking gun. Beautiful! I really like the oil finish and what a nice detail with the CF track and wishbone "stopper". Great woodwork.

Have you tried to shoot it yet?

Jégwan

Have you seen the weather in the UK?o_O Not yet, just waiting for a quiet spell for handling trials.

I like the clean lines, nice overall shape, does it balance in the water (bath)?
I am not so keen on the silver trigger guard screws or the roller screws though.
Very nice gun mate well done.

Fair point on the screws, easily solved with some black paint. I tried to keep the design an clean and simple as possible. Not done a bath test yet.

Looks good...would be nice to see the pics of how you made it. Did you make the rollers yourself?

I was lucky in my last job I had a large machine shop and anodize plant at my disposal. I'll try and upload build photos today.

Its one of those things that when I see your lovely creations I'd love to try it myself. I've little or no machining experience but I love this forum for getting inspiration and knowledge...one of these days I'll attempt it.

Incredible. As foxfish said the stainless screws ruin the look, but other than that a clean sleek design. Well done! Beautiful!

Doesnt the oil finish scare you though? If you'd hit the gun how would you fix the dent?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

What i've noticed with my rollers is that they are too wide/tall. And it scares fish off when i wava a plank of wood after them... But my roller is taller than yours. Once more. Great job!

Really beautiful. Nice job indeed! I like the slimness of the rear part. As you can see, mine is too tall. Congrats again!

butt.jpg

Reactions: scallywag
Id consider re rigging it. Instead of using the first wrap of mono to hold the shaft down , run it around the muzzle and then use the second wrap to hold down the shaft. This might help with the tangles that those pins might cause....

0032D2F3-7DB8-4CBF-9E73-7C8C44560461-493-000000171D3C9DEA_zps44627fc4.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT