• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

roller gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
How very interesting :) Have you tried this gun Persiko? Do those slots make a difference? I suppose they have to but is it noticable?
Very clever :)

By "My" He means he builds them.

Persiko. Do you build the reels also?

Alison. I've looked at that gun before but Just noticed those slots. tricky

Last edited:
it's an interesting concept, how far have you gone with this gun, by that i mean in terms of testing and comparison??

does it cock on both the top and bottom like Jack P's old rollerguns?

persiko said:
Hallo

this is my new roller gun 70 cm

ulterior particular on my web site

ciao
Very good idea. Could you provide a top view of the muzzle and a view of how you attached the bands to the bottom of the barrel?
How do you prevent the wishbone to "catch" the shaft against the barrel before the shaft leaves the gun?

hallo guys

for Alison:those slots make a difference in lateral movement.

for Ajwaverider: yes, I built the reels (roller)

for Brasher :next week I testing it, but the other Mjolnir 90 was many powerful two passages more four turns than whirling arm

for Rigdvr: sorry, but I don't know Jack P's, have you something about her?

for Oregonspearo: I have inserted new photos on my web site one I hope are clear

tanks all
ciao

Jack made the original roller guns way back in the day. He was also a pioneer in bluewater hunting. He is one of the original inovators in our sport. Do a search for him and you'll find all kinds of stuff.

hello persiko,

what is the pull length of the bands? and what is the band/shaft configuration on those roller guns you had? Do you have bigger ones also?

persiko,

i looked your homepage, do you make those guns to sell? or you just make them for you?

Has anyone thought of applying the principals of the compound bow to a roller gun?

Fondueset said:
Has anyone thought of applying the principals of the compound bow to a roller gun?

I don't know principals of the compound bow...I have see anothers rollergun and and I have thought to improve of some particular.
ciao

Well - it uses assymetrical wheels - which makes the draw peak earlier - when the leverage is better - and then drop off for the hold. Thing is it also accelerates the arrow more gradually but with greater peak load - so the real benefit is velocity, range and accuracy. Could be interesting to try if you could make the designe sufficiently hyrdrodynamic.

Fondueset said:
Thing is it also accelerates the arrow more gradually but with greater peak load - so the real benefit is velocity, range and accuracy.

No, the real benefit is that is allows me to hold that arrow back for as long as it takes for bambie to come out from behind that damn tree :).

Interesting post, fondu. I never knew the other benefits of a compound bow. I simply thought my increased accuracy was due to the fact that I didn't have to strain myself while aiming.

Back to the subject... Very nice-looking craftmanship, persiko. Do you all suppose rollerguns are the wave of the future, or just a luxury for a select group of super-charged spearos. Has Daryl Wong or Jay Riffe ever made any, or posted any thoughts online re: such designs?

Ted

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT