• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rubber Peeing!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Have you ever piddled into your wet suit?!

• Yes, if there is no other possibility!

Votes: 75 37.9%
  • Peeing is fun! I water my suit regularly...

Votes: 104 52.5%
  • No, never! I would rather die!

Votes: 19 9.6%

• Total voters
No Problem mate, although I'll rather do underwater ballet dance than pee in my suit...:eek:
Just a thought of swimming in a suit that is soaked with piss just takes the pleasure out of my diving.... and don't tell me I haven't tried..:p

When I feel the urge, I purge.:) I see no reason to not be as comfortable as possible when I'm in the water and I am not about to take all my gear back off when I am already wet, or about to be. I taught my 10 yr. old to do the same thing. As hard as it is to get him in a wetsuit I sure ain't stripping him back down just for that.

We've both peed in all our wetsuits and I think that, along with a freshwater rinse and hanging on wide enough hangers to hold the inside of the suits open after we get home has helped us to not get the funky wetsuit odors that some people seem to have.:)

Last edited:
God bless dettol, and all those that feel free to pee!!
Yes dettol has an odour, not overpowering, but a subtle one that you learn to like. As strange as that sounds!!:D

I just wanted to write a quick note to say merry x-mas and happy new year to everyone, i hope you all fullfill your dreams in the next year, and get to dive heaps as well(if that is not your dream).

And you should all pee in your wetsuit, when you are really cold it is amazing how much comfort you can take in it. Its better than a golden shower:D (sorry i forgot this is an open forum...feel free to edit this out).
anyway, i need another beer, have a great time y'all(isn't that what they say in America)
pete:friday

Peeing

Hi, I'm new here although I've been reading these foums for quite a while.

I pee without question. You're in the ocean submerged in water, it's not like you're wetting your pants at a party or peeing in a bathtub (neither of which I do). I have a hundred dives on my current suit and it doesn't stink too badly. I rinse with fresh water when I'm done and hang it inside-out, so it gets plenty of air. I don't use any soaps.

A pissed in Dive Suit is not nearly as skanky as a Surf Suit filled with both piss and sweat. Even though your'e in the cold ocean, while surfing you can work up a good sweat paddling your a** off while trying to catch waves or not be run over, which really makes your suit stink! I don't think I sweat much while scuba diving, especially since I mostly take photos and am moving slow. Maybe some of you freedivers work up a sweat pursuing and stuggling with your catch. The piss-sweat combo is the worst!

Last edited:
Re: Peeing

Originally posted by DiverD
Hi, I'm new here although I've been reading these foums for quite a while.

I pee without question. You're in the ocean submerged in water, it's lot like your wetting your pants at a party or peeing in a bathtub (neither of which I do). I have a hundred dives on my current suit and it doesn't stink too badly. I rinse with fresh water when I'm done and hang it inside-out, so it gets plenty of air. I don't use any soaps.

A pissed in Dive Suit is not nearly as skanky as a Surf Suit filled with both piss and sweat. Even though your'e in the cold ocean, while surfing you can work up a good sweat paddling your a** off while trying to catch waves or not be run over, which really makes your suit stink! I don't think I sweat much while scuba diving, especially since I mostly take photos and am moving slow. Maybe some of you freedivers work up a sweat pursuing and stuggling with your catch. The piss-sweat combo is the worst!

You may be new to this place my boy, but we can already see you are going to fit in just right:)

Thanks for the great welcome sharky! I haven't filled out the "hobbies" portion of my bio yet but you'll be happy to know I was already planning on listing drinking beer as item number one. :D

I noticed the "to pee or not to pee" question has come up on a lot of different diving forums lately so I thought I'd chime in.

A bit surprised to see that nobody mentioned the "pissete" or "bec de canard" in this topic. This is a neat waste management tool that comes in the form of little tube glued to your wetsuit pants. Works only for mens...
If you know how to hide it so that you don't become the centre of public attention on the beach or boat, you may just kiss your detol goodbye. And help save the environment too...

Attachments

• fermbec.jpg
    fermbec.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 457
What the !!!!!

Virgil I think you may have the wrong forum for that kind of thing.
You may just get in trouble with the law if you had some thing like that out.rofl

reason enough

I think the "Pissette" is reason enough to just go ahead and go in your suit.:hmm

I was always taught that there were two types of divers:

"Those that pee in their wetsuits
and those that lie about it. ":D

I pee in mine on a very regular basis. It is the one thing I really look forward to compared to diving with a drysuit.
I usually try to get a little bit of water in my suit first to make it easier to clean at the end.

My new Cressi Super Comp is such a well fitting suit that I had a bit of a shock when I went in it for the first time. The suit was totally dry after an hour in the water until I went.:( It got a little bit of extra attention that day. I hve never owned such a dry wetsuit before.

Peeing in a drysuit is a bigger pain. THe first time I did it I didn't have on a diaper( nappies) or a P-valve- they weren't around back then. I had over 30 minutes of deco and had to make do.:waterwork I made some changes after that dive.

Diapers tend to leak around the legs when you swim and P-valves cost you a couple $$$ everytime you put another condom cathater on. plus, it is not too fun to pull those condom cathaters off when your done with the dive- regular condoms should seal so well!

On a good mix dive I'll go 4-5 times in an hour. Of course we hydrate with up to a gallon of water before we go to "help" us along with it. ;)

Rinse it good when your done diving, dry it inside out in the sun, and your ready to go next time.:cool:
If it really starts to get ripe I soak her in the tub with a little detergent every once in a while.

Ok, I never actually soak it in the tub. I just keep diving it again and again.rofl

Jon

Yeah great... I'd have to add 4-5 kgs to offset bouyancy of that third sleeve...:king

sven

Originally posted by icarus pacific
Yeah great... I'd have to add 4-5 kgs to offset bouyancy of that third sleeve...:king

sven
Yeah... all that hot air...:D :blackeye

Just a quick tip I discovered the other day: Dont wear your wetsuit socks over outside of your suit as they seal all the "effluent" in the suit and the smell when you take it off is quite pungent...:yack

Hell Yeah,

My longtime goal is to spear a white seabass WHILE peeing. Two beutiful things happening at once.

Hawk

Reactions: Jon
Originally posted by Jon
I was always taught that there were two types of divers:

"Those that pee in their wetsuits
and those that lie about it. ":D

My new Cressi Super Comp is such a well fitting suit that I had a bit of a shock when I went in it for the first time. The suit was totally dry after an hour in the water until I went.:( It got a little bit of extra attention that day. I hve never owned such a dry wetsuit before.
Jon
Jon, I just bought the same suit and brother are you right! That thing is water tight!....and pee tight.:hmm

Number Two!

Doing number one in the suit is a daily occurence while diving. No big deal, just rinse the suit out then dry it. Not too much funky odors here. It's doing number two that really bothers me. You know, you already went before the dive and now you gotta go again. My solution.. warn your dive buddies, swim away into shallow water, find which way the current is running, drop your wieght belt, open the suit, grab weight belt, face your naked rear end toward the surface and let her rip! :hmm Next rinse your bunghole without touching it (gotta use your imagination), swim into the current until clear of the mess. Surface and suit up again. Find your buddies, or not, then continue the dive. C'mon gang, I know I'm not the only one....right?

Brad :martial

you're hardcore! I just hold it......

last thing I want it to "chum" with that! :yack

Willer

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT