• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Rubbers to hard

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JimmyB

Nov 1, 2004
Hi people

Ive just bought my speargun...a 75cm Sporasub Black Viper Elite...I havent tried it in the water yet since the license hasnt been issued yet...i've tried dry chest loading the gun...but ive only managed to load the gun to the first notch on the spear....im a 27 year old male, medium build and graced with biceps that would put many to shame hehehe :cool: ....no...seriously....i shouldnt really have a problem with pulling back on the rubbers...i may be using the wrong technique or something....

but my real question is.....is there a difference in the rubbers when loading the gun dry as opposed to loading when the rubbers are wet?? the rubbers i have are the dessault-sub 16mm that come with the gun.

Can anyone help out please?

Thanks
James.

Please, do not load your gun out of water. Its dangerous.
And yes at least to me it is more difficult to pull the rubbers on dry land, not that I would load the gun out of water.
Normally you get used to loading and it gets easier and the rubbers get easier to load as well. The first notch in 75 gun is the notch that you should be using, not the second one. Second one is usually intended to be used if you are using two bands.

Tuomo

You have to load your gun out of the water to shoot your neighbours cats!!

Loading gun dry is not a wise idea but yes loading it dry few times more harder than loading in water. You will not have problem if you managed to load it even dry :ko

Hi people

Thanks for your comments.....

Hey Tuomo....is the second notch really for a second band?? how would you get the band to it?? Is it usually longer??

So getting it to the first notch is where its meant to be??

Thanks
James

Atleast on my omer alumnium 75, the first notch is the one to use. Pulling the rubbers all the way to the second notch actually decreases the accuracy of the gun.
In water you propably are able to load the gun to the second notch, not that you would actually need it. You should try in water if the range is sufficient with the length of shooting line you are using when loading to first notch, you should use the first notch. If for some reason the range isn't enough, you could try the second notch.

Second band does not need to be any longer than the first, it just takes some practice to load it.

Tuomo

Tuomo...thanks for all your help.....i'll try it out as soon as i can....im still waiting for the license to clear....there's a lot of red-tape here in Malta...

Thanks again
James

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT