• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

safety concerns while spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jul 22, 2021
Hi I am a beginner spearfisherman, and I am really curious about how you guys can dive in 10 or 20 meters of water WITHOUT FEAR????!!!
There are so many things that could go wrong: a boat passing by, sharks, moray eels, etc. Unfortunately I dive ALONE and my fear of going into deeper water prevents me from getting a nice fish. How can I overcome my fear?

Reactions: Mr. X
Hi I am a beginner spearfisherman, and I am really curious about how you guys can dive in 10 or 20 meters of water WITHOUT FEAR????!!!
There are so many things that could go wrong: a boat passing by, sharks, moray eels, etc. Unfortunately I dive ALONE and my fear of going into deeper water prevents me from getting a nice fish. How can I overcome my fear?
Definitely, definitely, find someone to dive with and itll not only make you a better diver because youll be able to relax and find your potential, but itll also keep you alive. When i was starting out my original dive buddy stopped and i was diving alone, but when i found a new one my game dramatically improved, as for how you do it, you just tackle each problem 1 at a time, choose a good low traffic spot, always ne aware of how you act in the water and ate aware of your surroundings etc.. also for boats you can hear them from so far most of the time its easy to know when theyre coming

Also, you dont always need to dive deep for awsome fish, just have to put time into studying your area and times of season and you can make better opportunities to find good fish closer

Agreed, you don't have to deep to catch decent fish. And, yes, if you go deep best to go with a buddy, and probably best if you are both trained on how to do it and how deal with rescue situations that may occur ;)

Btw I usually dive alone but choose my locations and depths accordingly. Also, give your body time to adapt on a given day and within the season. ;)

Reactions: manoliskamenakis
Definitely, definitely, find someone to dive with and itll not only make you a better diver because youll be able to relax and find your potential, but itll also keep you alive. When i was starting out my original dive buddy stopped and i was diving alone, but when i found a new one my game dramatically improved, as for how you do it, you just tackle each problem 1 at a time, choose a good low traffic spot, always ne aware of how you act in the water and ate aware of your surroundings etc.. also for boats you can hear them from so far most of the time its easy to know when theyre coming
Thanks for the advice.

No problem, maybe try taking a freedive course and thatll help you network and find some buddies to dive with, or even put a message here for one, thats how i linked up with mine

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT