• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Safety system

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ramstam

May 9, 2003
I think a system that would require constant pressure
to be applied, like sandwiched between my two hands
in front of my body, that inflated a balloon if the pressure
was stopped would help make SWB easier to deal with
during depth events. Not only would this get the diver to the surface but it would signal the safety diver(s) the second
loss of motor control occured.

That system would get me to exctly 3 meters , where i have to reach for my nose to equalise.
Thanks, but No thanks ;-)

Originally posted by glennv
That system would get me to exctly 3 meters , where i have to reach for my nose to equalise.
Thanks, but No thanks ;-)

Why not design the system to be squeezed by one hand?

Somebody invented a CO2 vest with a one-handed deadman switch. Good idea, but lots of money to patent and produce, with a limited market.
I can't remember who, but I've seen diagrams on the net in the past.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Wouldn't it be quite difficult to keep squeezing the switch during CW and variable weight? It sounds like a great idea for no limits though.

Lucia

120secs is not enough for my taste. :)
If someone's going to build some imaginary device of that sort, I'de say connect it to a diving computer, then if someone ascends after 2+ minutes downtime, and at 15-10-whatever meters he starts going down again, it's a SWB.
should also activate if the guy reaches the surface and doesn't press something, since b/o can occure after the guy reached the surface or a depth in which he became buoyant.

Good idea Michael, could also rescue some spearos!

I think that good aquadynamics and comfort are important features too, it should be not be a burdon to wear.

Kars.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT