• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salt Free's Birthday

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
As some of you might remember, SaltFree was actually born on the May Day Bank Holiday weekend two years ago - given that the May meet is just before the Nice competition and some of us might be training quite hard - I propose we celebrate this momentous event at the meet on 23/24 April - only a week early!

Suggestions are welcome - but my vote is - prepare to camp! bring what you need and if the weather looks anything like good enough we'll do the old Barbecue thing. Bryn are you up for that? If not, we'll retreat to the Boat.

We've come a long way in two years - from learning to talk (getting a website and a name), shrieking and yelling and keeping its founder awake at night (last years comp), toddling around and falling over all the time (last winter's sporadic attempts at getting enough people to the lake) - SaltFree is now running away with itself and has had to be put on a pair of reins to stop it pulling us all ahead full steam into the future.... courses are almost fully booked, we have a solid core of regulars, a beautiful home totally set up for our needs, a fab scuba team and a fantastic summer ahead of us..

I reckon that's an excuse for a party!

Sam ;)

Reactions: island_sands
happy birthday SaltFree !

I'll be doing a celebration static in the pool this weekend.

Happy birthday Saltfree and many congratulations on how far you've come.....

Wish I could be there to celebrate with you.....

Donna

this didn't happen this weekend due to torrential rain and general lack of enthusiasm.... we will instead have a proper summer barbecue, June sounds like a good time. Then we can hopefully celebrate some SaltFree success in Nice too! Remi, Mark H, Theo and I are all going.... any more for any more?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT