• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Saltfree 17/18 July

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Yes its that time again. Please let me know if you would like to come to saltFree on the 17/18 July - if so let me know which day (or both) and your estimated depth and we will cover you.

We now have four lines and can accomodate plenty of people with less waiting around time.

I will be teaching the AIDA ** Course that weekend - if you are interested let me know.

See you then

Sam

Martin and I will be there, both days. No idea what depth though - depends on my leg. I think its fair to say that I'll be doing FI anyway so won't be deeper than 50 - in my dreams.....

Donna x

NO GOING BACK

Remember

saltFree now has a "no going back" policy

no one is allowed to come to the lake and dive any less than they dived in Cyprus

legs or no legs

: )

Hi,

I am new to DeeperBlue.I live in Swansea,Wales.Could you tell me more about Saltfree?
Thank you,
Ornella.

Hi Sam,
Hope you had my reply with my old depths and breath holds. I will be coming on the Saturday and may come on the Sunday for a splash around but I wouldn’t be diving that day.
If you could mail me a map, I will see you there.
Looking forward to the water after a long time away.

L8er

Dan

CAMP!

it appears that the place to stay for the next saltFree trip (17.18 July) is the campsite..

Camping and Caravan Park in Sling, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 8JA
Tel: 01594 835127

the vast majority of us will be under canvas

in the interest of cash flow and an amusing evening with not many of us having to drive...

I propose a campfire cook out - anyone want to take charge of the barbie?

or the beer?

Sam

As mentioned in some mailings there might be a problem with all of us turning up at the campsite. Any ideas ?

Book ourselves in by phone and not as a group and then we go to the site a few at a time rather than bombarding the campsite when we want to put tents up.

And if the site isn't happy for BBQ etc then we'll have to find a local pub I guess....

Thats great. Nice idea ringing them and that. Am being a bit slow today, sorry.... : )

Guy

Thanks Bryn (ala almostafish!)

I'll bring the veggie burgers...

hope the sun is out...

see you in the pool tonight

S

Angels planning to be there will be Martin, Mark W, Fin, Lars and Laura

Possibly also Gordon H (from Cyprus) and Becky and maybe a couple of others.

See you in the green
Angelfish

Hi people, was really looking forward to getting back into the sport but i tried on my wet suit the other day, haven’t used it in a while, and it doesn’t fit any more :(
Anyway it’s in perfect condition and up for sale on ebay (see details below).
If anybody has a second hand suit to fit someone 5'8" medium build 75kg (little under 12 stone) then I would love to hear from you.
Sam, if I am unable to get hold of a suit i will have to pull out of this months meet but I will keep in touch and let you know at latest the Wednesday before if that’s ok?

Wetsuit details

IMERSION FREEDIVING SUIT for sale on ebay. Item no.3687344997
Two-peace suit in excellent condition. Size small (size 2), suitable for people up to 5'6" small to medium build.
Cost £185 new. Starting bid £50

no worries Dan, just keep me posted

if anyone can help him out with a suit that would be great!

If you are in the area and just want to come down, say hi and meet people then more than welcome (if you want to come out to the pontoon and pull ropes even better!)

Sam

the plan

the plan is...

Two dives on Saturday (arrive 9.30 so dive around 10.30 and probably around 3pm) and one on Sunday morning around 10.30 as usual

Diving with the group Sat:

Dave K
Mark H
Dave M
Zoe H
Guy
Amanda
Remi
Donna
Shaun
Lisa
Dan

AIDA ** Course on Saturday with Sam
Bryn
Alexandra
Ross

I will need you to organise yourselves on Saturday in terms of countdowns, rope pulling etc as I am teaching all day. On Sunday I will boss your around as usual.

Guy and Deepest Dave - you still have some ** open water stuff to do so can you join us on the training line on Saturday afternoon rather than on the performance line.

I am aiming to get all the ** stuff done on Saturday so on Sunday the course people can all join the big boys on the real line for some challenge....

Amanda and Shaun - I think you two are only around for Saturday? let me know if thats wrong.

Franck - are you coming on Sunday?

Saturday night - big barbie cook out at the campsite. If anyone wants to bring a guitar....

Sam x

Dan

I have a two piece spearo suit 5mm escalapez immersion I can bring along for you if you want.

Sam

Was only going to stay for one day but the campfire and BBQ sound like fun so I'll be there both days if that's OK.

Shaun

Shaun,
If you think it will fit that would be great! I will bring a couple cans along for you to have at the BBQ, let me know what you drink.

Sam,
Looks like I will be coming after all. Will be there Saturday for sure but I doubt I will be staying the night at the camp.

Looking forward to seeing you all!!!!
Thanks again Shaun, your a life saver.
L8er people

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT