• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Saltfree 30th Sept/1 Oct

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
I will be teaching at the lake this weekend - if anyone would like to come along and dive with us/play victim for the rescues or train on one of the other lines please let me know here.

We will need two lines for the course but that still leaves two spare.

Max depth 45m if you bring someone who can operate the counterweight for you.

Sam

Hi Sam

(belated thanks for the welcome BTW!).

What might be possible for me, a beginner who can hold breath for 3:30 and has so far dived to 7 metres, but has more in him but is learning to equalise! I just got back from diving in Malta and like swimming in crystal clear warm water - am I wrong to have the impression that lovely Chepstow is just the same!

Thanks
Andrew

on the AIDA ** Course, I hate to generalise, but most people manage around 18m with some training and 2 minutes at least -but of course there is a WHOLE lot more to it than beating targets. You also get a load of information on physiology, technique, safety, buddying and practise at those things too.

Still got a space for next weekend, email me if you are interested

S

I'm bloody knackered but had a great time meeting a great bunch of people and Sam wasn't too bad herself! Thanks Sam, Dave and Liv. I recommend Salt free to everyone; good fun and very professional. Too knackered to think of a humorous comment to end!!

Thanks to Sam, Liv and Dave for doing all the stuff this weekend. Had a great time, dead chuffed with my new 2* cert :)

Totally knackered, drive back home was a bit of an epic, but ready for a good nights rest and surprise day off tomorrow! :friday

well done everyone, it was a great weekend. What a treat to dive in the middle of a lightning storm!!!

Rumours that the Jedi Knight is seeking to swap his yellow box for some performance freedive kit are out there.......... : )

Already he seems to have swapped his egg mcmuffin for a box of raw carrots

Be Afraid, Very Afraid

S

To everybody - well done and thanks. Looking out of the window on Sunday morning I was amazed that anybody would be keen to dive. How wrong I was!!
I'm sure I saw a new mono fin technique in the lake on Sunday......

I needed a nice restful day today but my right calf is still a tight ball. It was enjoyable diving with the rain.

Next time I do a sort of Constant Weight it would be useful if I have fins that are a little more help than my diddy ones!

Well done everyone for getting your one/two star certs. Special well done for not loosing heart in the pouring rain,thunder,lightening storm and seeing the funny side.
Hope to see you all in the green soon.

Liv

Sam,
I'm off then and would like to help/dive on either/both days. Any chance of borrowing weight belt, socks and fins? Thanks. Andy Torbet

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT