• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Saltfree Champs 2005

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

When should we hold the saltfree champs 2005?

• May

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • June

• July

• August

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • September

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
We are currently looking at the plans for next years SaltFree Championships. Basically it will be very similar to this year but with international judges so anyone can come and set a National Record. We hope to get a few more people over from Europe to compete.

The big question is WHEN! this year, we had to schedule it in time to select a team for Vancouver, next year that will not be a problem

Advantages to early in the year - better viz
Advantages to later - warmer water, time to train

your votes please...

Peak vis is around April/May. Right now it is pretty bad!

Sam

What date was it on this year?

My memory is terrible - I was there and I haven't got a clue. It was sunny.....I do remember that.....and that the viz was nice and water plenty warm enough.

Ben

it was in May - which seemed perfect except that people had not trained up to their best performances quite! (will just have to stop being wusses and train all winter I reckon)

Sam
(with new 7ml suit ready to rock for January!)

I would be keener on August, for training and temperature reasons.
I prefer to be warm (this being very relative :( ) than to have a good visi (I close my eyes anyway !)
Moreover it would be a good training for those of you going to the word cup in Nice (home sweet home :D ) and for more of us, for the word cup in Greece, both being in September.
On the other hand it might be a good idea to have this every year at the same period

August......Because I can get back from sunny Cyprus to take part again and the kids will be on summer hols so they can go to their dads :D

Whenever it's warmest.....then I will probably go.

Lucia

After discussions at the BFA AGM it seems we have the go ahead to host the UK Champs again next year!

Official announcements, websites and entry forms will follow but for now, get training.

It will most likely be in May as that is when the viz and temperature conditions are optimal for safety.

more soon

Sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT