• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Saltfree Christmas Do

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
will be on Saturday 10 January... keep it clear!

usual procedure:

Dive (compulsory, brief and in fancy dress)
Dinner (at the Boat)
Debauchery (with presents)

Details on the Facebook Group
Sign up here or there or both if you'd like to come. Yes you can bring partners. No you can't bring offspring (it's just not appropriate and I only point it out cos someone asked last year).

Good looking, non smelly, friendly canines like that grey one with the silly name might be acceptable

S
x

Hey Sam,

Count me in. I am off to Oz for 3 months on saturday but back at the end of Dec, so will come down and attempt to put a toe in the water after the lovely warmth of Sydney.

Have a fun few months, see you in the new year.

Tim

off again? It's about time you had a REAL winter Mr Money! I expect you in the lake in January to make up for it : )

we have an extra little activity planned for the Christmas party weekend

On Saturday our dive may very well involve taking part in a Guinness World Record for Extreme Ironing - more soon

Saturday night could well be another WR in eating and drinking

On Sunday, we'd like to invite you to our very own Saltfree Demolition Derby. We're looking for volunteers to work off their hangovers on Sunday morning by helping us destroy the pontoon (sorry, that should read, carefully remove the wooden decking from the pontoon so we can rebuild it).

If you have a crowbar, hammer or other weapon of mass destruction that may well come in handy

Anyone? Anyone? ........

I hate you all, stop having fun when i'm not there!!!

would you like me to send you a bit of the salt free pontoon so you can join in the fun ....benny ? you could nail it to something solid ..then prise it off and smash it up ......... might be considered as some kind of coping therapy for your natural longing to be back in the land of the green stuff.

Reactions: samdive
Cool, me and Kerry should come along. And conveniently enough, I have a large hammer, chisels and crowbar that lives in my dive-gear box!

If you'd like to take part in the Extreme Ironing World Record - which we're doing instead of a proper freedive for the Christmas Do day (as the pontoon will be out of action) - please tell me as I need to give them a list of names. You'll need an old iron, shirt, ironing board and £20 for the RNLI

See the facebook group for it here: Welcome to Facebook! | Facebook

Hi Sam, I have a variety of tools that I am fairly handy with, happy to give a hand on the Sunday...

Cant do the Nov meet as fly on the 7th Nov.. so see you next year!

Sam
Are first timers allowed? I'm a virgin to saltfree but eager to meet all you guys and this would be a perfect chance for me to get involved.

Eager and awaiting my virginity to be broken (and spend lots of cash on courses next year!!)

Thanks
Chris..

absolutely! anyone who has dived with us is more than welcome - and your partners

S

Now I am rather confused are we Extreme Ironing at the bottom of the lake instead of the fancy dress freedive or are we doing the Extreme Ironing in fancy dress.

I suppose my main question is should we all try to be sharks this year and have another competition to see how long our cardboard fins last?

Or should we all have to wear something different to last year? (I'll have to since I lost my feathers).

Missing that cool green lake (although the water is feeling rather nippy here right now and I have moved into a full suit again) and all of you guys.

LOL

I've fixed NING so you can join without an invitation - it'll just take a bit of time until I approve you

thanks

Sam

It seems like we need an invitation email to join the NING group.
In the mean time I dont have any tools but I have 2 good arms so I suppose I can carry the bits and pieces you guys will destroy...
Cheers,
Kat
PS I am likely to need a lift from and to London
kat. Where in london? I could drive no problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

I believe that we are doing extreme ironing in fancy dress..... perhaps we should all dress as Dot Cotton!

I believe that we are doing extreme ironing in fancy dress..... perhaps we should all dress as Dot Cotton!
i was thinking more along the lines of freddie mercury "i want to break free" get the wigs out!!
Posted via Mobile Device

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT