• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Saltfree in Cyprus

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Donna

Supporter
Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Hi all,

Well the Cyprus contingent of Saltfree competed yesterday in a locally organised static and dynamic comp, and a very good day it was too, although it started out a little stressful!!

The comp was in Limassol, around a 45 minute drive from Larnaca so Martin and I set off at 7.45am. Plenty of time to get us there an hour before my top time of 10.39, or so I thought!! That was until we got completely lost in Limassol and couldn't find the pool! At 9.45, still hunting for the pool, I got in my pram and sulked and said we were going home! Martin, being the calm one of the two of us, convinced me that we should find the pool, and although I'll miss my static, I should do the dynamic in the afternoon. So sulkily, I agreed, we found where we were supposed to be and arrived about 20 mins before official top!!

However, the organisers were brilliant and gave me a new top time of 12.27 - I now had around 2 hours to get myself out of my very stressed state and focus on what I was doing. Warm up time came and the warm ups went really well, so I was confident. Official top, one last breath and down I went. Probably one of the best statics I've ever done, it was comfortable and I was completely relaxed...I came up 3min 19secs later, completely clean and very happy with a new PB. Martin was an excellent coach and did me proud.

Dynamic in the afternoon - top time 15.54. I was actually really nervous as my parents arrived with Jade and Ollie to watch! Warm up went okish - it was a 25m pool and I hate turning! But after a couple of practises, they weren't too bad, so felt ok. Top time came and off I went, like a rocket as usual! The judges and cameraman had to run to keep up, and the poor safety diver had his work cut out too. First turn was rubbish and hard work to get going again, second turn was better and then Martin panicked as he thought I was just going to turn and come straight up, but I didn't!! I came up at 59m, clean as a whistle and another PB.

So all in all, it was a great day and a really nice comp. As I was a guest there was no pressure at all, and it showed in the results I guess. Good starting point to my training....

There's a CW comp in October being argaised by the same group and they said yesterday they would like to invite me along - watch this space.... :)

Love from a very wet Cyprus

D xxx

well done Donna and thanks for telling us about it! Maybe we will all come over in October.....keep it up

s
x

Nice one Donna, have just finished editing my Cyprus 2004 video which features your dynamic so when i figure out how to burn it to DVD I'll send you a copy. Say Hi to Martin

XX S

Reactions: naiad
Well done Donna! I'd offer you a drink, but this is all I have:

Attachments

• wobble.jpg
    wobble.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 167
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT