• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

saltFree Kit

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The sea lions on Pier 39 in San Francisco are a big tourist draw. They took over the platforms at some point in the past, making the local boat owners unhappy. And they were going to be chased off in the beginning, but now has become one of the 'must see' sites when you're in SF.

Maybe you guys can pursuade the NDC to give you price breaks, etc. since you'll probably draw loads of tourists as time goes by.

"Visitor"? Do you require a minimum number of visits before you become a saltFree member? I already bought a tee shirt and everything!:t

Peter S.

Sorry Peter! I didn't mean it like that! you are clearly a saltFree Member - anyone who comes all the way from California to dive in our green stuff has automatic honoured member status!

who's next? Aaron? some of the Canadian boys? pop in on your way home from Cyprus and we will put on a special session for you!

Sam

Hey,

Just giving you a hard time. No worries. :cool:

Believe me, diving at the NDC is heaven compared to northern california. No swell models or tide tables to pontificate over. No current. No high winds or whitecaps. No kelp beds to crawl over. No sharks or Humboldt squids. Relatively predictable visibility. Reduced weight (fresh water). No need to set up a line and retrieve bottom weight. Free transport from parking lot directly to the water. Etc. etc.

Now you guys have a dive platform RIGHT NEXT to the line! Soon the NDC probably will set up an on-site B&B overlooking the quarry or maybe a liveaboard on the water! ;)

Peter S.

Now there's an idea! I could camp on the pontoon overnight and be totally focused in the morning - save me a fortune to!

As for no current or swell Peter - in March we had current, highwinds and whitecaps at the NDC, it was incredible.

Donna

There is some new stuff on the saltFree shop
www.cafepress.com/saltfree
including some slinky vests for the girls in sunny Cyprus

Also - the Fourth Element comp t shirts have arrived and are stunning. They will be on sale at the comp for £18 and are very limited edition so get there early!

Happy Shopping

Sam

unfortunately we sold out of t shirts at the comp and do not have enough orders to do a reprint of the Fourth Element ones

however the saltFree shop is open for business on
www.cafepress.com/saltfree if you would like to order anything

thanks

Sam

just to let you know that the saltfree shop is still open for business
www.cafepress.com/saltfree

lots of t shirts, hoodies, handbags and gladrags...

let me know if you have ideas for other stuff to go on there

if any of you have any cool saltfree photos, we will be collecting them at the end of the year for the 2005 saltfree calendar...

Sam

Hmmm....what about making some cool photos - some discreet 'glamour' shots, like 'The Calendar Girls'?

Monofins and snorkels hide a multitude of sins...

ok but then it has to be girls one month and boys the next...

anyone up for it

Sam
(on a diet already)

I wouldn't have suggested it if I wasn't happy to volunteer, so count me in. As long as I can cover up a bit with a snorkel and lanyard :cool:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT