• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

saltFree UK National Freediving Championships 2004

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

laura storm

Rebel Angel
Jan 16, 2003
saltFree and the British Freediving Association would like to announce
the saltFree UK National Freediving Championships at the National
Diving Centre in Chepstow near Bristol on the 22/23rd May 2004.
This will be your chance to be your best, meet lots of other
freedivers, warm up for Cyprus and possibly win the opportunity to
represent the UK at the AIDA World Championships in Vancouver.

Athletes are also more than welcome from outside the UK.

Full details and entry forms are available on

www.saltfreeopen.com

See you there!

Hope some of those entry forms are on their way soon!
In addition to athletes we are in serious need of help - so if you fancy safety freediving, scuba safety, selling t shirts, chasing sponsors, chatting up special guests or anything else you think might speed things along, please get in touch and I will give you a job!

Current job to give away - getting t shirts printed - any ideas?

Sam

The first entries are IN already! remember places are limited so get it in early....

prizes are also looking good... we are basing prizes on the fact that you probably all already have a dive computer and looking for weirder more wonderful offerings!

Sam

Volunteers -Designers/Artists/Speakers

Hi Folks
The NDC are going to invite as many spectators as possible along to the saltFree UK Nationals and promote is as a "Discover Diving" day with displays and talks going on throughout the day to keep them intereste. They also hope to have lots of stalls selling dive kit, barbecue going on all day and so on.

I have said that we will get together some big posters about freediving. I have TONNES of photos of us in there last year but ZERO art talent (see the website for example... green but hardly stylish). Anyone out there with a bit more Leonardo than Rolf who could put together some big posters for us? I saw some great ones at the Dutch Recreational Freedive Meet and will try and get a copy to work from. saltFree will pay reasonable production costs.

Let me know

I also need someone to volunteer to give a short (30mins) talk and maybe a slide show on freediving - any volunteers!!!

Sam

Sam...

I have a scuba friend who has mentioned the champs to another friend who writes for Sport Diver (Simon Brown). Simon mentioned to Mark that he may be interested in writing an article covering the event - something you'd be interested in? I'll give Simon your contact details if you're keen to hear from him...

Donna

thanks Donna - been in touch with Simon and thanks Guy and Peter for offers of help with graphic design - will be on case soon and let you know what you can do.

had a busy weekend with a man who makes things out of metal, a plasterer who reckons he can makes us tags and a and a rope salesmen..... its coming together - oh yeah had a few entries too!

Be Aware! places on the training days are limited - get your entry in early to guarantee a slot. We will cater for as many people as we can but are not going to have room for all 40.....

Sam

Competitor list

will be updated as and when the entries come in - more or less. You will also get an email acknowledging your entry. Get em in soon esp if you want to come to the training days the weekend before

Sam

PRIZES

Check out www.saltfreeopen.com for news on the excellent prizes we have got together so far.

Big Big thanks are due to Stephan and Deeper Blue, and the Streeters!

More in the pipeline....

Sam

Just a quick note....

Not sure if anyone else has been experiencing the same problem but I've had huge problems getting onto the saltfreeopen.com web site. It hangs and, when it does eventually open, it doesn't load all of it?

Just thought I'd mention it in case its a problem you weren't aware of?

See you soon
Donna :)

have other people experienced this? its been fine for me..

Sam

we have found you the MOST gorgeous pool for the static comp.... but I am trying to keep it secret for a little longer until it is confirmed...

put it this way - records will tumble!

Sam

Entry fee now payable by direct transfer

The entry form for this has now been amended so you can pay you entry fee directly into the saltFree account rather than having to dig out a cheque book - it appears a lot of you are more technologically advanced than I anticipated and have ditched cheques long ago. This will also make it easier for those entering who are currently outside the UK.

Details of where to pay it to are on the entry form which is on www.saltfreeopen.com

Obviously your place won't be guaranteed until the payment has gone in, and it would be helpful if you could call your payment by your name so I can see who it relates to!

We have also done a deal with the NDC so that everyone can bring as many non diving supporters with them on the day for £3.50 a head, payable on the gate. If you have already bought guest passes from me, you will get them but from now on you don't need to book these in advance.

go on - get those forms in!

Judges

The judges at this event will be

Alun George
Ben Gowland
Steve Fuller

all are experienced AIDA UK Judges and all are AIDA UK Instructors

send the bribes in now......(not)

Sam

WARNING! you now have less than one month left to enter the saltFree UK National Freediving Championships!

If you have any aspirations to be on the British Team for the AIDA World Cup in Vancouver, be a British Champion, pitch yourself against the UK's best or just come along for a laugh and some good dives in UK Freedive Heaven, surrounded by some of the keenest freedivers in the land.... check out the website and get your entry form in now.

Entries welcome at ALL levels and from ALL nationalities. Max depth approx 75m (let us know if you are approaching that and we will get the echo sounder out!)

Full details and entry form are on

www.saltfreeopen.com

Sam and saltFree

March Meet

Just a reminder that the next saltFree meet is at the National Diving Centre on the 20th and 21st March. Schedule is:
Sat AM Oxygen First Aid course (£45 in aid of the saltFree O2 kit - please book with me in advance)
Sat PM Dive - meet about 1.30pm
Sunday AM Dive - meet about 9.30am
The long range weather forecast is for palm trees to be swaying, hot hot sun and viz of around 40m.

The perfect opportunity to check out the location for the saltFree UK National Freediving Champs, meet the hosts, pitch yourself against the green and hand deliver your entry form!

Email me if you would like to come

saltFree - mean, green but not marine...

Sam

THE STATIC POOL

Boy have we found you a gorgeous pool for the static comp....

British Records will tumble...

The St Pierre Marriott Hotel in Chepstow will be hosting the Static Apnea competition on the morning of Sunday 22nd May.

A picture of the pool is attached.

It is warm, indoor, about 1.2m deep throughout, has loads of space for spectators, very posh changing rooms and the opportunity to stay for Sunday lunch at one of the smartest hotels in the country afterwards

Check out their website
http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/CWLGS

and here is the pool....

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 412
more prizes more sponsors

as if we were not offering enough...

we announce today a new sponsor

Special Fins

who will be giving their choice of either a Special Fins monofin or pair of Special Fins stereo fins to the Deepest Man and the Deepest Woman!

Thanks!!
www.specialfins.com

DDRC

Just to let you know all know that you will be the capable hands of "presiding physician" Rachel Broadley of the Diving Diseases Research Centre during the competition.

Many thanks to Rachel for coming along. We will be collecting for DDRC on the day as a way of saying thanks. If anyone would like to contribute a raffle prize let me know

Sam

One week to go!!

ONE WEEK LEFT! to enter the UK National Freedive Championships 2004. If you want to try for a place on the UK team, become this year's UK Champs, take on saltfree at their own location, have a laugh with a load of other freedivers, practice for Cyprus, get used to the green for Vancouver, tickle a scuba diver underwater, eat a hog roast, hold your breath in one of the most beautiful pools I've ever seen or simply come, do 5m, buy the T shirt and have a few laughs.... get that form in quick

Athletes of ALL abilities and ALL nationalities will be warmly welcomed.

Any more info? check out the website

www.saltfreeopen.com

or email me your questions

See you there

Sam and saltfree

B and B for our Doc!

Can anyone recommend a decent B and B in Chepstow that has a single room not too expensive - I need to book somewhere for the doctor who is coming to the comp and have no idea.... all the ones on the websites with single rooms seem to be full

thanks

Sam

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT