• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

saltFree UK National Freediving Championships 2004

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
WANTED!!

as you may know, National Diving Centre are hoping to get lots of new people interested in Freediving and diving as a result of our competition. After the dives on Saturday, we will be giving a short talk to the public on freediving. After this, we will be running a demonstration of static and dives in the tank up in the car park

WANTED - volunteers!! to have a mess around in the tank, do a static or two for the public...

please let me know if you would be up for it
thanks

Sam

Ha ha, I would - could be good fun and more practise for Sunday!!!

Donna

I don't mind doing a demo. Tess sometimes likes to show Richmond 'newbies' how blue I go, so that might be interesting.

It wouldn't be a big static, though - probably something like a 3 or a 4.

Is that any good?

30 seconds would be fine Mark - as long as you do your blue thing

oh yes.. and bring the tux!!

Joining Instructions

Today I have sent out joining instructions to all the athletes signed up for the competition. This lets you know where to be and when, what to bring and more details on the whole event.

If you have not received this, please let me know.

Key things:

Make sure your medical is less than twelve months old (even if it is signed off for longer)

Make sure you have a lanyard that fits the rules (details and photo higher up in this thread)

Make sure you are at NDC by7pm on Friday 21st, by 10am on Saturday 22nd and at the St Pierre Marriott Hotel Chepstow by 8am, yes BY 8am on Sunday 23rd!

Make sure you have read the rules and know what you have let yourselves in for

Don't over egg your subsribed depth - NDC is deep, dark and cold. We are strongly advising EVERYONE not to post a depth they have not already achieved at least several times in cold water.

see you down there

Sam x

holding my breath and drinking champagne underwater wearing a dinner jacket

Sounds like as laugh. Any one got an old Tux?

IMPORTANT MESSAGE RE THE COMP

Hello to all the athletes

Things are looking good for next weekend, the set up works like a dream and we are ready for you.

We are however more than a little pissed off at the few people who failed to turn up this weekend and didn't give enough notice... I know some of you sent an email but the auto reply saying I wouldn't receive it until Monday should have given you a clue!

please, please play the game nicely and don't mess up your chances next weekend by reading and making sure you stick to the following:

Everyone (except the two people who have special permission) needs to be at the National Diving Centre at 7pm for Registration on Friday night. You will be given your liability release to sign and your entry form for any amendments to your subscription. These must be in by 8pm together with a medical approval signed within the last year. You will also need to be a member of the BFA. If you have not done any of these things by 8pm on Friday you will NOT be allowed to dive. NO exceptions.

Sign in time on Saturday is BY 10am at the NDC. Sign in time on Sunday is BY 8am at the St Pierre Marriott Leisure Club. If you are late you will NOT be allowed to hold your breath. NO exceptions.

Further more - I will NOT be able to receive email after 5.30pm on Wednesday. If you need to contact me after that time, phone me. I will email everyone who is in today with my phone number. Store it in your phone as soon as you get it.

Just to make it clear

Sam

PS and yes I will be shouting in that strange military accent if people don't do this!

Hi Guys!

Thanks for letting me train with you this weekend. I found that horseshoe float very hand for keeping me near the line while I breathed up.

See you all next weekend, I think I am going to sit at the bottom of the boom and remind you all to smile when you surface - that's if they won't let me ride the bottom plate and hold your tag for you

DB

xx

Deepest Bear is only getting involved now the media are showing more of an interest

there will be a small column on us hiding in the Independent on Saturday. If anyone finds it please keep me a copy.

they just called to ask me who Tanya Streeter was!

Samx

WARM UP DIVES

If anyone is expecting to go to more than 30m on a warm up dive, please can you let me know as soon as possible.

Otherwise the warm up ropes will all be set at 30m

thanks

Sam

To all the freedivers who have entered the competition ... enjoy the weekend! Good luck ... stay calm, breathe, get into your zone, do your thing, chill, be happy and you will shine!

We will be there, in the green, to make sure you are safe.
Feel the karma!

Laura and all The Angels.

Reactions: Alison
Let me be the first to say a HUGE congrats to Sam for organisation of the weekends activities. Obviously as the organiser she gets lavish praise from everyone...however there is a big list of others to thanks - Laura and the Angels, the judges, the other helpers who volunteered their time and of course NDC and the Marriott.

Thanks!

to everyone for everything - but I have done quite a lot of gushing in the last 24 hours so will stop for now.

Stephan - thanks loads for putting the photos up. Full results and downloadable spreadsheet are now on
www.saltfreeopen.com

Lots more photos to come from Liv Philip the official photographer, my camera, Andy Cansfield who took loads of topside pictures and no doubt other too - might take a few days but they will be here soon

Couple of things

T Shirts - if anyone did not get one and would like one, I am going to order another batch. Let me know what size by email. £18 each if you pick them up from saltFree, £20 if you would like it posted

Medicals - here's a hint - never hand over an original medical form! always make a photocopy! If anyone would like theirs back please email me your post address. I will bring the whole lot to Cyprus just in case.

thanks again, see you next year

Sam x

Last edited:
hi

Congratulations to everyone sounds like it all went well :) I was thinking of it over the weekend and thought how lucky you guys are to have people to organise comps :cool:

cheers

Photos

Stephan - let me know if you need help with the captions. I know who everyone is.

Sam

Will do! I've done the Sunday photos but now need to actually get some work done :D

But whatever you do don't use my 'bugger' photo!!!! Hmmm BO is debateable - LMC definately. I was fully aware of everything going on around me, just had no control over myself - but thats quite normal most of the time :D

Pics are good though - well done one and all...

Donna :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT