• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salvimar Predathor Vuoto 100

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
The gun does appear to be more difficult to load now. After doing some more reading, it sounds like it could be the front muzzle seal.
I suggest that you disassemble the gun and have a look. There are videos online on how to do that, it's straightforward. I don't think the vacuum muzzle seal can cause such an issue. Take a look at the muzzle of course. I suspect that your piston is busted. ANyway, Pete can guide you better than me!

You will not have damaged the power regulator if you moved it unloaded. The only time it can be busted is if you fired a shot at low power and then tried to move it without reloading the spear. Reloading the spear resets everything, but otherwise the barrel is at lower pressure while the tank is still high and forcing the upstream value against the pressure imbalance is pretty much impossible. Use force there and you can bust things.

As to no power make sure the gun still has pressure and you tell that by how hard it is to load it. If loading Is hard yet the gun has no power then you have problems, but before tearing anything apart you need to check. One thing that robs power from shots is if the Vuoto gun's barrel floods after you load it, and that can happen if the seal of the vacuum cuff is broken or torn.

ok that's great information thank you.

Im going to check the vacuum cuff and go from there. The gun has only been fired maybe a dozen times so I'm very surprised to have problems. I have a bunch of Pelengas guns that i shoot a lot with never a problem. Your explanation on the power regulator helped a lot. good to know that it cant be damaged unless forced to the forward position.

if i did need to rebuild the gun, are there any video's or instructions on how to rebuild it?

If you can work the spear up and down without cocking the gun there should be nothing wrong with the piston if it travels smoothly up and down. A busted piston is likely to lose air when doing that. If you really want to take a look put the power regulator on high power, then fully depressurise the gun. After that remove the vacuum seal nose cover and then unscrew the muzzle. Once that is off push the spear into the piston and use it to drag the piston out. It is essential that the gun has been fully depressurised, a warning sign is the muzzle is hard to undo as that means the piston under pressure is leaning on it. I know a guy who ignored this and the muzzle and piston violently left the gun, ricocheted around the workshop before running out of energy. He was lucky it didn't hit him, or anyone else for that matter.

If you can work the spear up and down without cocking the gun there should be nothing wrong with the piston if it travels smoothly up and down. A busted piston is likely to lose air when doing that. If you really want to take a look put the power regulator on high power, then fully depressurise the gun. After that remove the vacuum seal nose cover and then unscrew the muzzle. Once that is off push the spear into the piston and use it to drag the piston out. It is essential that the gun has been fully depressurised, a warning sign is the muzzle is hard to undo as that means the piston under pressure is leaning on it. I know a guy who ignored this and the muzzle and piston violently left the gun, ricocheted around the workshop before running out of energy. He was lucky it didn't hit him, or anyone else for that matter.

OK good to know. Sounds easy enough. Ill stick with checking the vacuum seal and cycling the shaft up and down. There was no issue with loading the gun in the water the other day so it sounds like its a vacuum seal issue. Again, all good information and much appreciated. i have a spare vacuum seal but where can i get spares to the US?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT