• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salvimar Predathor Vuoto 100

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It is likely that the new longer front plastic caps on the Pelengas "Profi" and "Varvar" pneumovacuum models have appeared for the same reason.
Pelengas Varvar muzzle sectioned.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Zahar
Hey everyone,
I just got informed I'll be getting this speargun as a birthday present.
The thing is, I've never done any proper spearfishing, I shot once with friend rubber speargun and that was it.
I have few questions about the gun.
1. Do I get all the equipment for rigging the shaft and is it hard to rig the shaft? I never done it before.
2. What additonal equipment do I need to buy?
3. Are you guys able to load it with pre-set pressure in the gun or you needed to adjust it?

Thanks in advance

Hey everyone,
I just got informed I'll be getting this speargun as a birthday present.
The thing is, I've never done any proper spearfishing, I shot once with friend rubber speargun and that was it.
I have few questions about the gun.
1. Do I get all the equipment for rigging the shaft and is it hard to rig the shaft? I never done it before.
2. What additonal equipment do I need to buy?
3. Are you guys able to load it with pre-set pressure in the gun or you needed to adjust it?

Thanks in advance
Hi
I found this helpful

I hope it helps

Hey Pete, Do you have an idea on why Pelengas is not manufacturing his 7 mm sliders in titanium anymore? Now he makes them in 17-4 PH SS which is heavier.

Sorry for the derrail, btw...

Hey Pete, Do you have an idea on why Pelengas is not manufacturing his 7 mm sliders in titanium anymore? Now he makes them in 17-4 PH SS which is heavier.

Sorry for the derrail, btw...
The sliders were originally stainless and the titanium versions came later. I can only assume that they were not a big seller, but the situation may change if enough people want them. Much easier to make stainless steel items.

Reactions: marco15499
Actually, they are a big seller. They have doubled the price since I first bought my first slider. I've recommended it to all my pneumatic user friends. It is a great design, but now I'm afraid that the extra weight can cause problems of the slider sticking in the back piece of the shaft like it happened with other stainless sliders I've tried before.

Ok, I just returned from the sea! I installed the Race Kit and the shock absorber and gave it a spin.
I am happy with the result because it seems to me that the kit actually makes a difference.
- I don't have a pressure gauge to know exactly, but I did the 500 pumps for 2Oatm, and I can easily load the gun with this pressure (It may be that it's less than 20 atm), and it has a pretty good punch.
- I noticed a more silent shot (this may have to do with the shock absorber)
- I used a 10W fork oil I got from a local gas station.
- I used a lubricant the shop suggested for the moving parts https://deepbluesub.com/en_us/product/x-grease-lubricant-for-oleo-pneumatic-guns/
- I didn't adjust the trigger's sensitivity due to the issue mentioned in the forum
- The process was easy and I used very simple tools
- I ordered from https://deepbluesub.com and I am happy with the prices and delivery time. They responded immediately and repeatedly to my email when I asked what I am going to need. The order came from Italy in 10 calendar days on Syros island (staying here for the summer). If I were in Athens, I would get it 1-2 days earlier

Looking cool right? :cool:
20220730_105416.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Did you get any fish with it?
If you can load it too easy, give it 50 more pumps or so until you find it a little difficult. If you notice that the trigger becomes hard or you feel recoil when shooting, take some air off.

Reactions: Stamatis
Nice! Did you get any fish with it?
If you can load it too easy, give it 50 more pumps or so until you find it a little difficult. If you notice that the trigger becomes hard or you feel recoil when shooting, take some air off.
My only hit was a white seabream that managed to escape :rolleyes:
Thanks for the tips!

I need some help. I have a salvimar vuoto 100 and it is malfunctioning on me. I have no power when i shoot it on the high or low setting. Im afraid i damaged it by operating the power setting unloaded. Does anyone know how to fix this or rebuild the gun and what parts i would need? Thanks in advance,

I need some help. I have a salvimar vuoto 100 and it is malfunctioning on me. I have no power when i shoot it on the high or low setting. Im afraid i damaged it by operating the power setting unloaded. Does anyone know how to fix this or rebuild the gun and what parts i would need? Thanks in advance,
Hello!
Can you charge the gun easily?
It does not seem likely to have been damaged in such a way.
What about pressure?

Hello!
Can you charge the gun easily?
It does not seem likely to have been damaged in such a way.
What about pressure?
The gun does appear to be more difficult to load now. After doing some more reading, it sounds like it could be the front muzzle seal.

You will not have damaged the power regulator if you moved it unloaded. The only time it can be busted is if you fired a shot at low power and then tried to move it without reloading the spear. Reloading the spear resets everything, but otherwise the barrel is at lower pressure while the tank is still high and forcing the upstream value against the pressure imbalance is pretty much impossible. Use force there and you can bust things.

As to no power make sure the gun still has pressure and you tell that by how hard it is to load it. If loading Is hard yet the gun has no power then you have problems, but before tearing anything apart you need to check. One thing that robs power from shots is if the Vuoto gun's barrel floods after you load it, and that can happen if the seal of the vacuum cuff is broken or torn.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT