• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Salvimar Predathor Vuoto 100

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Why are you using so much grease? Not good! A small amount is more than enough! Do you want to eat grease with your fish?????

Reactions: marcelo cunha
Why are you using so much grease? Not good! A small amount is more than enough! Do you want to eat grease with your fish?????
ok !! I learned this from the Croatian Marco (tomba) take a look in my channel on youtube - Marcelo cunha - pesca sub
better see on notebook.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 292
  • IMG_3522.JPG
    IMG_3522.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_3523 (1).JPG
    IMG_3523 (1).JPG
    101 KB · Views: 306
Reactions: Stamatis
There is very little time in this deeper blue site but I have already obtained good results in the conversations. Sorry for the english many times by google translator but even so it is very good !!

Attachments

• olhetões.JPG
    olhetões.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 300
2nd time with my new toy! I cauch a couple of good sized fishes. Funny part is that my pal didn't catch anything because his rubbers were exausted... he had no power. Anyway, the gun shoots really well and has very good power! I did miss many times at 3 occasions from short distances, but that is normal, until I get the hang of it. I also think I should shorten the naylon line to 2 passes because it gets tangled all the time, and it is practically useless. It is now at approximately 21atm and I will pump it a little more. I am considering getting that omer loader for long guns.
Do you guys think it's possible to sharpen the shaft at home and maintain the 'double tip'?

2nd time with my new toy! I cauch a couple of good sized fishes. Funny part is that my pal didn't catch anything because his rubbers were exausted... he had no power. Anyway, the gun shoots really well and has very good power! I did miss many times at 3 occasions from short distances, but that is normal, until I get the hang of it. I also think I should shorten the naylon line to 2 passes because it gets tangled all the time, and it is practically useless. It is now at approximately 21atm and I will pump it a little more. I am considering getting that omer loader for long guns.
Do you guys think it's possible to sharpen the shaft at home and maintain the 'double tip'?
my salvador 85 came with 20 BAR from the factory. I do not need more for now. The 85 actually measures 92 cm. So far I do not know if I can change the setting to low pressure after a shot at maximum pressure!
loading the gun in maximum pressure is not for everyone

my salvador 85 came with 20 BAR from the factory. I do not need more for now. The 85 actually measures 92 cm. So far I do not know if I can change the setting to low pressure after a shot at maximum pressure!
loading the gun in maximum pressure is not for everyone
You cannot change from low to maximum power or the opposite with unloaded gun. You load the gun first, and then change the power setting.

Reactions: marcelo cunha
I got back from my afternoon dive. 3 kilos in 2.30 hours. Not bad! I want to thank everybody for encouraging me to get this gun! It is really accurate and powerful! I have now pumped it to about 22 atm. Cheers!

Attachments

• Φωτογραφία0407.jpg
    Φωτογραφία0407.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 348
I got back from my afternoon dive. 3 kilos in 2.30 hours. Not bad! I want to thank everybody for encouraging me to get this gun! It is really accurate and powerful! I have now pumped it to about 22 atm. Cheers!

Hi Stamatis,
This is so cool to see. Congrats on the gun and your success with it. Very happy we could be of a little help and that the gun suits you:)

Hi Stamatis,
This is so cool to see. Congrats on the gun and your success with it. Very happy we could be of a little help and that the gun suits you:)
Hello ,within the same subject on pneumatic spearguns , you have information on the new mares cyrano 1.1 1.3 and 1.1 HFT ? the performance ?!
mares C 1.1 hft.jpg
mares c 1.1.jpg

Hi all! This is my first post. Please excuse my bad english.
I am interested in the Vuoto gun but for some reason everybody in Greece is mad about Mares, Omer and Sporasub (In that particular order). None of the new Salvimar models are sold in our stores, only Vintair. So, I would like to know if there have been any issues about the gun, and generaly, whether it is reliable or not.
I have an update I thought I might share.
The 100 (110) gun comes with a 118 shaft, which is a little longer than actually needed. Why not use a shorter shaft, so that I can load easier, and gain a little speed (and carry it a little easier)?
I asked the Salvimar people, and they suggested that I can actually use a shaft that is about 113cm, and they mentioned that my idea is correct.

Reactions: Diving Gecko
A friend of mine complained that the gun is very noisy. Well, it does make a lot more noise than my Pathos, yet I don't believe it's a problem. Anyway, just out of curiosity, is there a way to make the gun shoot mafia style?:cool:

hi!

It's very strange that your friend predathor's is noisy. With the vuoto vaccum kit, my pneumatic spearguns are quiet silent!
Maybe your friend's shock absorber is broken (one or several O rings broken)?

To my mind, I think that vaccum kit with hard shock absorbers (new STC, Salvimar, UBL, etc) are noisier than the one with soft shock absorbers (Pelengas, old STC, LGsub, etc).

hi!

It's very strange that your friend predathor's is noisy. With the vuoto vaccum kit, my pneumatic spearguns are quiet silent!
Maybe your friend's shock absorber is broken (one or several O rings broken)?

To my mind, I think that vaccum kit with hard shock absorbers (new STC, Salvimar, UBL, etc) are noisier than the one with soft shock absorbers (Pelengas, old STC, LGsub, etc).
hi! I hope that it is not a case of something broken, 'cause my gun is a few months new. Is there a way I can check this? When you say "quite silent" you mean compared to the noise it used to make without the kit, or that it is REALLY silent?

Dry barrel guns should not be noisy at all, mine are very smooth, recoil free & quiet.
I would not say silent but I cant say that I have noticed anything I would call noisy either...

Some of my guns have a rather nice swooshy sound but some do have a clanky sound when the piston hits the shock absorber. The Evo-Air shock absorber is very silent as the piston hits the PU rubber part and not the plastic part. Others, as mentioned above have designs where the piston will impact on either a metal or a plastic shock absorber bushing.

Btw, I stupidly shot my gun by accident on land a few days ago. No shaft but piston banged into the shock absorber at 28bar! The Piston was a UBL cone shaped one, the muzzle a Vuoto and the shock absorber was my own homemade steel one with a beveled flange to go with the UBL piston.
The shock absorber was seriously jammed. I couldn't hammer it out but taking a blow torch to the muzzle made it pop out by itself.
The result was one broken o-ring and a slightly re shaped front on the piston (which now mates beautifully with the shock absorber...;-)).
The same happened to a Balinese spearo's stock Predathor Vuoto 115 and the muzzle, piston and shock absorber broke.
Actually, my muzzle deformed slightly, too. I can feel screwing in the front part is now less smooth.
So, what are the lessons here?
First of all, I'm an idiot for not realizing that the piston was latched when I pumped the gun. Luckily it was just part of my leak test so the muzzle was pointed to the bottom of a pool when I fired. And secondly, a beveled shock absorber in steel may not be a bad idea;-). Oh, thirdly; in all likelihood the UBL pistons are better than the Vuoto ones, too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Wow
Reactions: rocketgirl65
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT