• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

salvimar voodoo rail

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

pyromallat

May 2, 2016
Today i got a new gun and its the salvimar voodoo rail 105 .... first impression is thats its a very nice and solid gun and what i likes the most other than its look is the removable bridge that converts it into an open muzzle ... the bands seem to have plenty of power... comes with articulated wishbones and mono line... rly gd line release ... but also i got a good look on the salvimar v pro ... and it seems all its old problems have been solved... the wire tabs have been replaced by pins and the wishbones now come articulated instead of plain steel wire... and the barrel rail doesnt come cut in the front ... guess they realised it was a useless feature and now it comes all the way so probably helps with the barrel flex (if any actually exists) ... and theres still the barb ... the torsion 2... which didnt seem to be bad even if you loose the o ring ... it sits on top so it wont open unless you're shooting upside down... so all for all... salvimar spearguns seem quite good... but performance wise i still have to find out after a take it on a dive and practice with it... will update later on... cheers

Would be great with more info in the future.. I'm just getting started and my RA 1200 will arrive soon but im already planning to buy my second gun that will be shorter and used for shorediving, Salvimar vodoo is one of the guns im currently looking at!

Reactions: pyromallat
Tried out your new speargun yet? I was at the local shop today and got a chance to get a closer look on both the vodoo rail and the regular one both the . The handle felt very nice in the my hand! Right now i have my mind set on either a 95cm vodoo rail or a 90cm RA Sparid!

Tried out your new speargun yet? I was at the local shop today and got a chance to get a closer look on both the vodoo rail and the regular one both the . The handle felt very nice in the my hand! Right now i have my mind set on either a 95cm vodoo rail or a 90cm RA Sparid!
im gonna go on a dive with it on June 17 so will get back to you on that when i come back

Today i got the chance to go spearfishing and test my new voodoo rail... and plain and simple it was gr8 ... from the first shot i stoned a grouper!! It just goes where u want it to go... but i did had some issues loading

The for some reason the gun's butt kept sliding down when i was chest loading it and ending up on my man parts... probably because i dont have a loading pad on my suit ... i ended up being able to load it by putting the butt in my diving fin foot pockets but a little bit of sand paper super glued on the gun butt will fix the problem... anw all for all this gun is quite good... and if like me want to convert it into an open muzzle just remove the nose bridge and cut a bamboo kabab stick at an angle and place it in any hole of the bridge's :p a little bit rough of a solution but works just fine ;)

And btw i did end up loosing the o-ring for the torsion 2... and it kept closed as long as u be carefull keeping the gun at an okay angle so it doest open

That is a nice looking gun! I had one of those but for some reason (unknown till yet) it was shooting off target.
How was your original setup? Mine's came with 1 circular band 18 mil and 140 cm 6.1mm shaft.
Did you tested on target?

That is a nice looking gun! I had one of those but for some reason (unknown till yet) it was shooting off target.
How was your original setup? Mine's came with 1 circular band 18 mil and 140 cm 6.1mm shaft.
Did you tested on target?
Well mine i guess came with the same setup as yours... but no i didnt test it on targets ... i didnt need to anyway cz it never misses a fish... i just got back from a spearfishing trip and what can i say... what a sargo slayer!! 8 shots = 8 fish

Update on speargun...
I must agree with most people after my experience .... the torsion barb is bad after a few hits on rocks it didnt close anymore like it should so do get another shaft with this gun and get it with sharkfin tabs... and plus i dnt know what happened but when i was loading the gun the loading butt broke!! It isnt much of a problem since its easily fixed but still i wasnt thrilled about it

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT