• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

San Francisco

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

freedive999

Feb 10, 2002
My name is Humphrey. I live and work in San Francisco.
I am an absolute beginner in the sport. Would like
to find a buddy to help me train and learn more
above freediving.

Welcome!

Hey Humphrey!

Welcome to this site from a born and bred SF local... OK so now I'm in Santa Rosa, but you get the idea...

There are a few clubs in the area that are active in both free and SCUBA diving. Check the bulletin boards at the shop you got cert'd at, the one at Bamboo Reef is on the back of the front door, call wallins in Redwood City or check out the CenCal site for a listing. Give Steve at Stan's SCUBA in San Jose, tell him sven sent you and he'll hook you up too.

Feel free to give me a yell and I'll send you in the right direction(s) as this time of year it's pretty much all about going to Monterey or Santa Barbara's Channel Islands, and then come April it's abalone-ville.

Keep active here and you'll be in great shape info-wise.

Sven

Contact Octo

Humphrey you should contact Octo, he lives down in Los Gatos. You too Icarus.

sven-man

maybe we should get aaron(octo) to hook up w/ us in SB this april?

aaron, if you're out there :confused: drop sven or i a note!

L8r,
andrsn

Hey if anybody wants to show, fine by me, as long as they stay down current and leave the big fish to me...:t

I'm very familiar with the club that Octo's knows and they attend some of the same big weekend dives as I do. Los Gatos to where I'm at is about the same distance as from where you are Angus to Ogden. Not close but close enough I guess.

ENTER THE CONTEST YOU POSTING-PUNDITS AND WIN HUGE!!!

Sven

But where is the ocean?

Hey Icarus, how are you?

You wrote:

Los Gatos to where I'm at is about the same distance as from where you are Angus to Ogden. Not close but close enough I guess.

Unfortunately I have driven past Ogden and I never found an ocean. Just some big lake that is about 10 feet deep and has zero visibility. What the in teh world is a freediver doing living in a desert anyway? I have visited all the Dive Shops here and they all think I am nuts. They actually spearfish the lakes here with SCUBA. Somehow they did not take kindly to my snorts of derision and statements about total lameness. OK so my people skills could use some work.

Anyway Octo is a pistol. Just remember that he doesn't take his medications when he dives. Of course neither do I.

Unmedicated is fun

ANDRSON, IP,

Where have I been?? Working. Listen, when are you (we) all going to SB in april?? I can maybe make it if I know soon. I will even help you eat those big fish- I know it's selfless, but I am that kind of guy. Drop me a personal message...BTW, I do not belong to any dive clubs - I am a club floater - never want to limit myself. Maybe that is why I am also a Unitarian.

Humphrey, welcome aboard. Long Fins and I are training two days a week in Mt. View and diving Monterey/Carmel at every opportunity. You are welcome to join in. Contact me privately and we can talk there.

Warmly,

Hey all.

Just spoke to my crew in SB and the fishing's been just plain zero. El Nino. April up here for huge, monolithic abs. Time to show Anderson what the inside of a washing machine looks like.

sven

SB ? SD!

There's always Seal rock, San Diego (La Jolla)...:t

And an unusual big load of lobster at this time at Scripps pier (due to cold water rising).

Oops, did I just say Cold Water?
:duh

Lynn

Happy in the kelpforests.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT