• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Saracen Rob Allen

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

jorgetes

Jan 1, 2004
Hi Guys,

Would like to know opinions about Rob Allen Saracen speargun.Also know if is possible to use open muzzle in it.If not ,somebody knows an european speargun with open muzzle that use in standard equipement shark fins shaft??.I use several sizes of Demka spearguns.

Thanks in advance

Jorgetes,
All the RA's will take open muzzles, I have a Wong on my 130RA.
Maybe it’s just me but all the RA's are the same, the only difference is band-shaft match up. I love my RA but the new marketing thing with all the different names/stickers is kinda humorous.

Unless I am mistaken the Saracen is the carbonfibre version of the RA guns, I read a review in a magazine , which said that the gun was extremely light and tracked well.
Picasso has a new gun called Century Pacific it has an open muzzle and 32mm tube,It may suit you.

The Saracen is extremely light and looks good. Tracks well, the people who use is rave about the lightness and manouverability in the water.

But: Because its carbon fiber its gets damaged more easily than an aluminium equivalent. So if youre a rockhopper or someone who throws his guns in the boat, I wouldn't suggest it.

I saw one after it was used up north in the coral reefs, and it was scratched to shite. Later those scratches seemed to swell up with water.

If you want an RA, get an Alu one. It will last for years without you having to baby it.:)

Hiya jorgetes

I've got a 110cm Saracen. Very light gun, mine floats with a 7mm RA spear in it!!!! Well, actually just about floats. Extremely good looking gun, if you can classify guns by their looks. It's basically the same as a Aluminuim RA, just made of carbon fibre. I saw a video clip of a 100kg guy jumping on the barrel and the barrel not breaking!!!!! Very tuff barrel!!!!!

Performance wise, it is a RA, so you know the drill:D :D

I had some problems with mine, namely the gun shooting high compared to my rabitechs and putting some ugly scratch's on the barrel when i used to shore dive. (The in-accuracy could be on my behalf though!!!)

Other than the above, its a great gun.

I know Mark from Tecnosport ( www.omerdiving.com ) does a Omer T20 Carbon Mimetic which comes with a open muzzle. Picasso has also launched a gun called the Pacific, as Huan has mentioned. Also comes with a open muzzle but has a rail as well. Don't actually know anybody that has either of the above two guns, so no reports on them. I think Mark has used the T20 Carbon Mimetic. Will ask him for his opinion.

Regards
miles

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT