• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Sask trips

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

messey

Mar 20, 2006
I have already been to Sask twice this season just got back from Key Lake yesterday it was pretty crazy. I could not find any fish but spotted a white fish and went for it. As soon as I shot him out of no where comes this huge pike probably about 15lbs and trys to eat the thing right off my line. Then he spots me stops and does he dominancy thing with me then attacks the whitefish again. I had not moved at all but as soon as I did he took off. Its not the biggest pike I have seen but it was the coolest thing ever.

Anyways I thought I would let you guys now about my next 2 trips, I don't have any really plans yet so I was checking to see if anyone wanted to come with. I will be going to Whiteswan on the Aug long forsure and probably the Sept long. I will have the friday and monday off work; my brother and I will drive there thursday night and get in to camp at about 1:00 am. If any one wants to come up that would be awesome.

Reactions: Erik
Wow, what an awesome thing to see! I'll put in for the Sept long weekend- hopefully we can hook up for that :)
Did you see my Pike pic?

That would be awesome if you could come up, how many people will be coming with you?

I did see your fish it is a nice size; what lake where you at?

Me and possibly girlfriend, maybe Lee could come too.
That Pike and the 3 Burbot came from Twin Lake.

Where is Twin Lake? I was just at Crimson Lake that lake is definitely not suitable for diving but there was Twin Lakes down the road. I didn’t take any of my diving gear but next time I would like to but I have no clue what lakes are good in the area. Any suggestions?

I talked to a few buddies from Sask. They stayed at my camper a few weeks back and they said the main lake we fish is really clear this year. They were normal fishing and could see the fish from the boat. They were hammering the pike but could not find the walleye. I am going up for 4 days next week and will checking out the usual lakes and a few new ones. The fish shouldn't move much between the 2 long weeks so hopefully I can put you guys on the fish right away.

Twin Lake (s) is about 25km west of Pigeon Lake (southwest of Edmonton). Just keep going past Pigeon on Hiway 13 until you see a small sign- the lake is down a road on the left. Well worth it!

Last edited:
The Aug. long trip was pretty good we went for pike and walleye. We tried 2 new lakes both have decent size pike but were unable to find any walleye in them. We also normal fished the one lake; I caught a 8 lber and I thought I had a log untill it got about 20 feet from the boat when it started to fight and managed to spit out the hook. The lake I really wanted to get into we were unable to again, this time my buddy hydrolocked his engine. We managed to get it to start it ran for about 50km before blowing itself to pieces.

The usually lakes had good vis and produced decent amounts of fish. First morning we were there my brother and I saw about 60 pike between the 2 of us and I saw 3 walleye.

Things look good for going up on September Long would be nice if you guys could make it up.

I am really limited for time off right now. Had some great diving in the spring, but circumstantial stuff with my family and work has made me miss the big west coast trip this year. Anyway, I am working the whole September long weekend. Originally had it off, but now working against my wishes. Enjoy your time.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT