• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Satisfied newbie

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

scar

Aug 8, 2005
Hello Guys,
Just introduced meself in the new members area and would like to thank all fellow exerienced spearos for the info I learnt from their posts. I'm still a newbie. My starting off gun (a beuchat cavalero) was given to me ...and I decided to try my luck....in fact i NEVER speared a fish before, but I have just returned from a week holiday in Gozo and succeeded in spearing 14 breams and wrasses.(not more than 6 inches long...ok...don't laugh.. :) ..I know that to you guys they must look like minnows BUT ---it's still my first!!!...and the first fish is ALWAYS the FIRST FISH!!! (made a very exquisite fish broth for 4) I was so very happy! ...and so hooked. All of this in not more than 30ft depth.
I must also say that I need newer equiment. I used to just snorkel around in the past, and my mask (about 4 years old) doesn't seal so much now. My fins are of the short type also .....but I'm planning to get a new set too. The only problem is that there are so many brands ...and so much different opinions! I just can't decide yet.
In the future I'm also considering a better gun with longer range and some extra punch but till then, I'd like to practise some more with my cavalero till I get a better hand on things, then I'll start some research on guns and no doubt will ask for your opinions before closing any deals.
In the mean time ...keep up the good work guys. A forum like this one is the perfect place for a beginner like me to be to gather knowledge and courage to practise better hunting skills. So thanks a whole lot once more!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT