• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scooter...or not to Scooter

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Scooter or not to Scooter

• Scooter

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Not to Scooter

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ihab

Red Sea Diver
Aug 20, 2006
It's probably the lack of spearfishing activity lately :mad:(due to cold weather) that makes the mind wonder in to areas never thought of before.

Okay, I was thinking about buying a light weight Scooter to help me cover larger areas in less time….mainly due to the fact that the fish in our area are becoming scarcer every year due to over-fishing.

:confused:So what do you think?

I can see it will be a :martialchallenge to gear up the scooter with the gun & float but I have a feeling, it could be done.

I can hear Marwan already making noises about this issue…………But think about it…..it might be fun as well.:thankyou

Cheers
Ihab

making noises allright..:) i think the scooter adds a complication..another item to worry about, also we normally go by boat so could just move to another area...i find the scooter maybe more useful if you are facing a lot of current (which we dont hve a lot of in the areas we fish)so would rather have it for safety or convenience..
thats the practical side of it in my view, but boys need toys :) and this could be cool, who knows :)
i wouldnt use it to increase depth though, thats probably dangerous..

I'd go with a kayak over the scooter if it's getting out to places that you're looking to do. A little bulkier but much easier to load and faster...plus, it floats when you're out spearing. Not sure what you would do with a scooter except attach it to a float, which is just one more thing to carry out there and worry about. Plus the scooter's are designed to work under watter so if you're planning on using it while moving along the surface it will probably be cumbersome and less effective; I doubt holding your breath the entire way out is an option. However, it is a fun toy...so if you're looking for an excuse to buy one....or if a kayak is not an option.....go for it.

I use scooters all the time- for wreck diving. I've never used one for spearing, but they are a lot of fun and might be good for scouting a location.

Of course, you could always make one of these James Bond scooters and shoot fish while you fly.

Jon

Attachments

• thunderball1.jpg
    thunderball1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 124
  • thunderballunderwater.jpg
    thunderballunderwater.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 166
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT