• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scotland, not all cold

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Alimar7

Apr 24, 2003
Does anyone know of any decent dives in scotland. I've dived most of the wrecks in the Mull area. and quite a few round edinburgh, where im based. But for these i mostly use scuba. What i want to know is does anyone know of a good dive site, somewhere where i can go and get away from the city for an afternoon. Does anyone know where im talking about....

At last, a fellow freediver from Scotland.

I live in Wick, which is a town fifteen miles sout of John O' Groats and has a tremendous coastline. I am fortunate enough to have various dive sites within five or ten minutes from my house.

When the weather is nice (which has been a lot recently) this really is the best place to freedive. We have a lovely site which is accessed by scrambling down a 70 foot cliff then traversing about 300 hundred foot along to a decent sized ledge.

This ledge is the best spot I have found. It is sheltered by a large overhang, so the rain and passersby don't get near you. The dive site is protected from the sea by an uninhabited island nearby. This place is a sun trap and has numerous natural rock anchor points which we attach our ballast and line to.

The launch off point is overhanging and the water runs to 40-45ft deep. There is loads of interesting fish and diving seabirds to keep you amused.

Me and a friend are slowly exploring the coastline and have found numerous interesting dive sites.

When the weather is favourable Scotland is absolutely brilliant for diving.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT