• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scottish spearfishing community/buddies?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

BaroChroma

Jun 27, 2023
Hello! I'm a Scottish hydromaniac from Orkney, now living in Glasgow. Looking to get in touch with any Scottish Spearo's as I am currently external to the whole community and looking to go out with some more experienced people once I get to the point of getting my first gun.(currently building and testing my float system, just enjoying casual freediving, exploring and foraging while taking it easy)
I did a PADI freediving course a few years back in the Andamans before the pandemic, I have also been a Commercial diver for 14 years, was a PADI Dive master before that and have played Under water hockey (Octopush) from my younger school days. So I am loving the freedom of exploring the unknown in my wetsuit and I am pretty comfortable in the water.

I am also in to Cinematography as a current career path so will hopefully get some cool shots while out and about.

Also very open to North of England I should say too, if there is much going on there but I have only been hearing about Devon and Cornwall mainly from my research.
Would love to learn from anyone willing to share advice? Where should an aspiring Scottish freediver / spearo look for useful local info?

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

Reactions: Mr. X
We've had several notable members in or from Scotland in the past. Not sure if they are all still active.

@Omega3 was a rig diver and spearo who complained that there loads of lobsters where he dived ("like rats").

Another chap was a very keen and accomplished Angler who moved to Norway. @atomichaggis ?

Another chap lives on Orkney (or was that you? :D).

Plus numerous others.

You can search or ask for specific advice on this forum. Try to find appropriate section (beginner spearo area should be quite forgiving :D) Good luck! ;)

Reactions: BaroChroma
@Mr. X Thanks! I will have a dig around the beginner spearo section and see what tips I can find. Mainly looking for basic advice on where is ok to dive and which areas might have restricted diving/spearing within Scotland. Would also love to know any differences to expect in species lists of what is OK to hunt up north.

I wonder who the other Orcadian is? Good chance I already know them or they are a friend of a friend. :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT