• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scubastore / Diveinn : Nightmare Disaster

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

efattah

Mar 2, 2001
Hi all,

I just wanted to share the latest Diveinn disaster story.

On October 5, I ordered the following product from DiveInn:

Product: AQUALIGHT POWERLED RECHARGEABLE FLOOD ALUMINIUM 68º (ION-LITHIUM) 1 LED P7 900 LUMEN Ref:(A900L-68º)
Quantity: 1
Price: 283.49 US$

I received a message saying the product was not in stock and back-ordered. Several weeks passed. Finally they shipped my package to me via DHL. I received the package eagerly, only to find that they shipped the wrong product. The original dive light I ordered (the POWERLED) was tiny, and great for freediving. The light I received (the K-LED model) is HUGE and totally different, useless to me. I then sent them this return request:

"Order number 255335. I ordered:
(87800) Aqualight Powerled Rechargeable Flood Aluminium 68º (Ion-Lithium)
1 Led P7 900 Lumen
Instead, I received Aqualight K-LED, which is a totally different product.
Either I need a refund or I need you to ship me the correct product. If
you want the K-LED unit back, please send a courier to my location to pick
it up."

I then received the following apology from them:

"This is an automatic message. Please do not reply, those mails will not be
answered.
Hello,
We do apologise to hear that you received the wrong product,
Here is a link to return a product,
please follow well the instructions and we will send you back the item,
Online dive shop, buy online diving, snorkeling & swimming equipment
Best regards
Tradeinn Customer Service"

So, to return the dive light to them, I clicked on the DHL link and after entering all the product data, I received an error from the DHL website saying that 'product code invalid for your country.' I spent over an hour on the phone with DHL and no one could figure out what the problem was. Eventually things got worked out and DHL came to pick up the package for the return. The dive light was completely unused. It did not arrive in a box, it arrived in a deluxe nylon zipper carrying case. I included it exactly as it was, even in the same original DHL envelope. Back it went to Spain and I was still eagerly hoping to receive the correct light that I ordered.

Instead, I received this message:

"This is an automatic message. Please do not reply, those mails will not be
answered.
Hello,
Im contacting you to inform that you send us back the product without a
proper package.
This product cant be sale anymore.
We do not have any other choice than send it back to you.
We will not charge you with the difference of price of course.
We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Tradeinn Customer Service"

So, they shipped me the wrong product, and now they are telling me that
1) they have no intention of shipping me the correct one
2) they will not refund me
3) I have to pay for the product even though it is not the one I ordered

I wrote them an angry message explaining my position. All I got back was the DHL tracking number of the incorrect product headed my way.

When it arrives I will refuse it at the door (no signature), it will then be returned to Spain.

I have contacted my credit card company to get my money back but it could take up to 3 months and there are no guarantees.

CONCLUSION:

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SCUBASTORE / DIVEINN

Let's say that one more time.

NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH SCUBASTORE / DIVEINN

They only carry about 1/4 as many products as they used to. The reason is pretty simple-- poor business practices means more and more manufacturers are removing their products from their website.

That is pretty poor indeed. Hope you get your money back soon Eric - there was another thread on here with a complaint recently and someone from diveinn joined the conversation after Stephan contacted them, maybe the same person can sort out this mess for you.

I'll see if I can find the thread...

Dear Efattah,

I´m Thierry from Diveinn Scubastore, nice to meet you :)

I want really explain what´s happened on our side. We received the product you returned "AQUALIGHT Powerled Rechargeable Flood 68º (Ion-Lithium) 1 Led P7 900 Lumen Aluminium (Ref:A900L-68º)" , but you didn´t joined the return form where you can explain the reason you are returning it.

So we decided to return a new one "AQUALIGHT Powerled Rechargeable Flood 68º (Ion-Lithium) 1 Led P7 900 Lumen Aluminium (Ref:A900L-68º)" to replace it and we ship it to you yesterday at no costs.

Someone from our team sent you yesterday by mail the tracking number of DHL. If you didn´t receive this email, I resend it but in your private email.

Please tell us when you´ll receive the product.

Regards

I'm not going to receive the product. When it arrives I will refuse the product at the door and it will be returned to Spain.

I already explained in detail WHY I was returning the product when I filled in the return form on your website!

So even when you received the product back you could still not identify that it was the wrong one! That's twice! Unbelievable!

I did not return the Aqualight POWERLED. The POWERLED is the product that I ordered. The product that was shipped to me was the Aqualight K-LED. These are two totally different products:

This is what I ordered:
Aqualight Powerled Rechargeable Flood. Torches Torches led, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

This is what I received:
Aqualight K-led Rechargeable. Torches Torches led, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive

If you check the dimensions you'll see that the K-LED is about three or four times bigger than the POWERLED.

Eric, you might have to DHL an English/Spanish dictionary to them... preferably one with pictures.

Dear Efattah,
The product we shipped to you this week is now: AQUALIGHT Powerled Rechargeable Flood 68º (Ion-Lithium) 1 Led P7 900 Lumen Aluminium (Ref:A900L-68º). We are very sorry for any inconveniences if on the first delivery, we did a mistake but now we shipped the good one.
Thanks

Hope you going to get sorted,so far I had great deals with them but now i'm a bit suspicious shopping with them...Thanks for sharing your experience with scubastore...

Hmmm.... got a weight vest on order with them - hope it doesnt go the same way!!!

So, today I finally received the correct product. I canceled the protest to my credit card company.

I had a pretty good experience with this store until the last time I wanted to use the warranty, which is the basis for buying.
I bought aqulung computer. I really like the computer it is very easy to use. But after 10 dives it broke. It happens all right. When I claimed the warranty, the dealer returned my money, so I was left without a warranty. In two months, the price of the product was increased by €70. So I warn everyone, the warranty does not apply to them. They didn't replace the product. They gave me my money back, but if I want my computer, I have to pay €70 more. Ask before you buy.
I WILL NOT BUY FROM THIS STORE ANYMORE

I got nothing but good experiences with DiveInn/Trekkinn/*INN. Cheap, fast shipping, packages very well packed. A spear included in one of the orders was shipped separately in a poster tube. The helpdesk replied timely and politely to my questions too.

I don't get it when people go capital lettered "NEVER EVER AGAIN" after their first negative experience. I had negative experiences at some well known stores, it happens. I've been a helpdesk employee for a few years and I didn't manage to satisfy 100% of my customers, some I had to disappoint, and sometimes stuff simply went wrong due to me, the customer, the company, or any other link in-between. It happens.

The only webshop where I ordered once, revoked my order and said "NEVER EVER AGAIN" (with capital letters too, yes), was a Greek one where the boss discriminated me for not being a native Greek speaker and treating me like anything but a customer. Something about respect...

I wholeheartedly recommend *INN. I think their shop is a great example of what a webshop can be.

Reactions: fabikp
I got nothing but good experiences with DiveInn/Trekkinn/*INN. Cheap, fast shipping, packages very well packed. A spear included in one of the orders was shipped separately in a poster tube. The helpdesk replied timely and politely to my questions too.

I don't get it when people go capital lettered "NEVER EVER AGAIN" after their first negative experience. I had negative experiences at some well known stores, it happens. I've been a helpdesk employee for a few years and I didn't manage to satisfy 100% of my customers, some I had to disappoint, and sometimes stuff simply went wrong due to me, the customer, the company, or any other link in-between. It happens.

The only webshop where I ordered once, revoked my order and said "NEVER EVER AGAIN" (with capital letters too, yes), was a Greek one where the boss discriminated me for not being a native Greek speaker and treating me like anything but a customer. Something about respect...

I wholeheartedly recommend *INN. I think their shop is a great example of what a webshop can be.
..how much discount they give you for praising them so high ?..just kidding man. i myself cant say much bad about dive-inn. once i had an issue with the wrong size of a product, and once the communication about the shipping time was a bit confusing. but other then that , i received all my orders over the years without any problems, and usually faster then they predicted. and their prices are very good.

Oops, is it that obvious? XD

Not sure if nore discount would even be possible. I just replaced a large chunk of my climbing gear through them, and they even undercut Decathlon by quite a large margin.

When your computer breaks down under warranty and they return your money with the explanation that you buy a new one which is €70 more expensive, I can't say it HAPPENS. Otherwise, I have already spent a lot in this store and everything was always fine until I claimed the warranty. So buy the product and hope it doesn't break. Good luck

When your computer breaks down under warranty and they return your money with the explanation that you buy a new one which is €70 more expensive, I can't say it HAPPENS. Otherwise, I have already spent a lot in this store and everything was always fine until I claimed the warranty. So buy the product and hope it doesn't break. Good luck
I just had a quick look at their terms and conditions, a document most buyers, including me, often skip. They clearly state that when a warranty claim is made, the product will be forwarded to the manufacturer for evaluation and if possible repair:
> What is the warranty policy? If you detect that the item has a manufacturing and / or functional defect, it will be sent to the brand.
(https://www.tradeinn.com/en/devoluciones/st)

This makes me wonder, when you returned the item, did you make it clear that it was about a claim for warranty, and not about a return? Unless this happened a long time ago, you could still reopen this case to them, even if you received the money.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT