• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scubastore (sigh...)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sjurba

Feb 9, 2010
I have on several ocations ordered from diveinn/scubastore with great sucsess,good service,good prices,fast delivery.So with my fathers 70 years bithday comming up this september,me and my siblings decided to chip in for a divewatch for him.Since Ive been ordering from diveinn before I got the job sorting this.Went online cliked on the item and chose bank transfer as I usually do.Then I go onto my bank and transfer the money,all is sweet,now we just have to wait.
Alot of time passed,In the end,after a few e-mails where they (scubastore) claims that they never recived the money,I go down to the the bank to get them to trace my transfer.It turns out they where right the money was "lost in transit" for allmost a month,but had now been recived by the bank in spain. this was the 5. of october.I then contact scubastore by mail and explains the situation and my hope that the order now can be completed.Im am told I have to make a new order,wich I do.Still more waiting,I contact them again and Im told that they are awaiting my transfer,wich I found abit pusseling since I knew they have allready recived the money.I tell them this,and is now told that they have not recived any money from me!:vangry
I do not know what to do now!

Can you send them a scan or fax of your banks transacion with them (or the trace), which would show the recieving account? That would show them that they have recieved the money without a doubt.

I believe that due to the inconvenience caused to sjurba, Scuba Store should send me a watch too.:blackeye

Dear sjurba, I´m Thierry from Diveinn Scubastore, firstly I would like to say sorry about any inconveniences caused. Could you tell me your order number in order to check what´s happened. I will solve this problem very fast.
Regards

Fair play to Thierry, at least he’s got the balls to come on here and put things right.
One up for Scubastore, well done sir.

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
Thank you all for your help!Im shure there is only some minor fault somewhere,as my previous experience with scubastore has been only positive.

Just want to say that Thierry at scubastore has managed to sort it out,Big thank you! to him for digging up my waylaid banktransfer.

i love Scubastore, have bought lots of kit from them. then when i started cycling... i bought stuff from Bikeinn.com. excellent service and very good deals!

i actually went to the Scubastore warehouse in Spain about a decade ago. Very impressive.

we all have bad days... once in a while! Kudos to Scubastore for putting it right.

SL

I used ScubaStore/DiveInn recently and they are (1) very slow to deliver and (2) the order was incomplete &, in one detail, wrong. But worse still they are hard to deal with, taking 3-5 days to respond to each contact through there rather poor webUI, and their responses so far appear "canned" and inadequate/inappropriate. I get the impression that they'd like to help but don't have a clue how to! :(

Not recommended (by me)

I have only ever had one bad experience when ordering on line and that shop was a lot nearer to home! I ordered some stuff and received someone else's along with their personal information. I contacted the shop whose suggestion was for me to send it back whilst they would contact the probable recipient of my stuff and ask him to send that back to them and then they would re-send the items to the correct people!!!! My issue here was the inconvenience and cost of posting the item and the probable extended time frame. I was not happy, as it was there was only a mistake on the incorrect parcel I received and then posted back, I received my item a few days later. Overall a dismal customer experience, I didn't even bother trying to get my postage back as I was so p****d off with the shop and I was adamant that I would not use them again! I have ordered from DiveInn before with no problems whatsoever, the shop that left me with that sinking feeling I will not name for fear of unfairly blackening their name but it was within the UK and to be honest their customer service and returns policy left me reeling! If a company is saying that they can deliver in a certain time frame that is what they should do and if they do not, they should come forth with a good will gesture in my opinion. All I got in terms of a good will gesture was a postage cost to me, as you can tell, I am well and truly over my awful experience with the aforementioned shop!!!!!!! :mad:

Why would protect a shop that let you down twice? I have a suspicion about who that might be.

By contrast, I have had very good experience using: DirectDive.co.uk, Spearfishing.co.uk,
www.planetdivestore.com, apnea.co.uk, Mike's Diving, www.scubaland.co.uk (France). 2 of them made minor mistakes in my orders but both of them resolved the issues immediately & fully immediately; actually they both exceeded my expectations & so I would rate them EXCELLENT.

I too rate Scubaland and spearfishing store as excellent, I would and no doubt will use them both again. As for not naming and shaming the other UK store, I may well use them again, yes I was very annoyed with them and still am a little bit but don't cut off your nose to spite your face and all that and we all make mistakes, its just that some rectify their mistakes better than others ( they also do some stuff that other UK shops just don't) ;)

Yes, they (Mako) have a good reputation on this forum - and they are blessed with a very well regarded product line (similar to Rabitech SA).

Pinniped72, I've taken your comments onboard and decided to Scubastore another chance (I am still waiting for final resolution of the first order but it sounds like they will eventually do the very minimum to sort it out within the next few days -- they really drag everything out :( They could have easily resolved it immediately. I placed an even smaller, even simpler third order with them last night (essentially a dive flag to replace the dodgy USA one on the float they sent plus some odds & ends) - and I opted for the Royal Mail this time, which was cheaper than Yodel in this case (Yodel are generally a good carrier in my experience but they performed very poorly in this case). So let's see how that goes.

Reactions: Pinniped72
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT