• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Scubastore (sigh...)

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Well, Scubastore finally refunded me this morning for the items missing from my order, so that's good. :) Pity it took so darn long! Fortunately I can make do without the missing items; I daren't order them again for fear that the same thing would happen again! :(

All's well that ends well then ;) I would love to live near a spearfishing shop, walk in, pick stuff up and then buy, or not, would be like a kid in a sweet shop! :D

Only used them once and will never use them again. They did the one thing that I just will not tolerate from an online store. They sold me a product, took my money, only to tell me three days later that they didn't even have the product in stock and it would be weeks before I received it. As far as I'm concerned when somebody takes my money for a product they don't even have to sell, it's fraud.

(Yodel are generally a good carrier in my experience but they performed very poorly in this case). So let's see how that goes.

Nver heard anybody say that before Mr X. They are literally the worst run company I have ever dealt with and I've only ever heard people say the same. They can be a week late with a delivery and yet it's still impossible to get hold of a human being to ask where it is. They often use unemployed teenagers and bored housewives to deliver their parcels in their own cars. Terrible company IMO.

On a positive note DPD are an awesome delivery company and Spearbay is a decent online shop (selling mainly Salvimar products) Only good things to say about my experiences with both of them.

I think you are right about Yodel, Woohoo, it occurs to me now that I got them confused with Amazon deliveries, which are usually OK (I had one very late delivery from them one Christmas) and have been getting better. I got an email last Sunday morning from Amazon saying they were going to deliver my parcel that day, rather than the following Tuesday as they previously estimated. Sure enough, it was delivered on Sunday, 2 days early (& shipping was free) - hard to beat!

Re. credit card sales, retailers are not supposed to debit your credit card until they ship the goods - certainly that was the case in the USA & I would be surprised if it were any different here. So you are probably right to feel aggrieved.

BTW How do you like Salvimar equipment? I just purchased my first Salvimar product as part of my Scubastore order: a pack of 10 "rubber bones" (a.k.a. "Salvimar line tightening") for muzzle bungees for £1.95 - a more realistic price that the Omersub equivalent ("Omer Shock Bungee"); that is (1) if they are "up to scratch" and (2) if Scubastore send the full pack this time, rather than just 1! I was planning to make my own but @19.5p each there is no need to. I prefer this minimal style of muzzle bungee for my lightweight carbon Omer XXVs - not much point sticking a massive bungee with big game clips & swivels on a slim, lightweight speargun.

Last edited:
Scubastore has been featured on this forum for many years, when the from was really active there were never ending complaints about them ... however ... they are still going so one assumes they are able to make a living!
On the other side of the coin, I made several successful purchases from the store.
To be honest I cant even remember what I bought but, they were substantial orders of mutable items at a very good price.
I believe the store has very few staff in order to keep prices down, it would seem there cheap prices reflect the sometimes poor service and communications!

Reactions: Mr. X
Yes, I think that may well be the case. Their prices are often (but not always) better than other sellers - sometimes significantly so. So I will "cut them slack" :)

BTW How do you like Salvimar equipment?

I'll have to get back to you on that as I've only got a couple of bits and I haven't used them yet. It looks decent enough and I've always had good vibes about them as a company. Not sure why or if it's justified. Time will tell.

...Pinniped72, I've taken your comments onboard and decided to Scubastore another chance ... I placed an even smaller, even simpler third order with them last night (essentially a dive flag to replace the dodgy USA one on the float they sent plus some odds & ends) - and I opted for the Royal Mail this time, which was cheaper than Yodel in this case.... So let's see how that goes.
Well the Scubastore order arrived today, not exactly fast but this time within their stated delivery times :) - which suggests to me that perhaps Yodel was the problem last time. Most of the order was there except unfortunately, they made the same kind of mistake with the order that they did with the last order: I ordered a set of 10x SALVIMAR-Line Tightening (i.e. rubber "bones" for muzzle shock-absorber/bungee like the Omer ones) but received only 1 :(
I hope they refund me more quickly this time, this is getting tiresome.

Its becoming personal :D maybe you have offended them in a previous life, look on the bright side....................... I tried but I'm out :D

It is ok, I am not angry, bemused would probably describe it better :D

Reactions: Pinniped72
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT